Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:15 pm 

I'm hearing that some of the Chutes at Mt.Rose ski area slid naturally down to the dirt/rocks and ran for 1000'+ vertical. Be careful on steep N and NE aspects with all the depth hoar. A friend told me this earlier and I just saw it on TTips from somebody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:07 pm 

We road the Tamarack Ridge area the last 4 days. Great powder in all drainages, trees . More consolidated than last week, most hazards covered on low angle aspects. Still Powder!! Still Fun!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:37 pm 

We found some pretty good windblown in the West Shore trees on Saturday. It was worth the base damage.

On Sunday we took a long hike out to Angora and found nice views and what breadbox called 'rippable crust.' Rip on, man.

There is still fun stuff out there but I'm hoping that this beta will be totally obsolete by the weekend...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:02 pm 

:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :? :? :? :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:39 pm 

rode stoney ridge today, about 10 cars at jakes found solitude to the north on a little hidden gem, 10-12 inches of pure bliss. You don't touch the crust up top and it is at least carvable down low.
Image desolation is out the somewhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:04 pm 

seeknpow - mind sharing which route you took? I'm assuming you were at the unnamed peak which is the high point on Stony Ridge. I've never been too sure on parking and ascent routes for that spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:11 pm 

Did a lap on Bliss peak today. It's pretty deep up top (9-12 inches) w/ 4 inches of dust down low. Stellar run. I'm going back tomorrow cuz it was really good. None of my favorite zones even had tracks in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:57 pm 

mnt man-
park at the "first pull out" (not sure what everyone else calls it) there is a green power box with some stickers, go up about 3/4 and cut right at the bench for stoney ridge or straight up the ridge for bliss peak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:44 pm 

R U talking about the peak between Bliss and Rubicon that has the steep tree lines that cliff out down lower? I've never heard of stoney point, but I did traverse out from Bliss today to the peak to the north and ride the ridge to the skiers right of the cliffbands. At first I rode straight down and almost got cliffed out, so I had to unstrap and boot out to find my line I thought I was on. Those tree runs above the cliffs would be the most epic tree runs in tahoe if they didn't end in granite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:40 pm 

stole this off Mike's site.
I poked around this area for a few seasons before really finding my way and even today I still can get lost, the trees are thick, there are blind cliffs and vast areas of alder brush.
PM me if you want to get out, I am off mon-tues and up for pre dawn trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:11 pm 

The SAC advisory for today seemed right on. Found some highly reactive, but very thin wind slabs and touchy cornices on the way to Talking Mt today. The wind is picking up and there is a lot of light snow to move around..

The down was the best turns of the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm 

Eco and I had a pretty sweet day on Thursday. Graybird with good visibility and light snow. A 3/4 lap down corkscrew, then rode N bowl from the right ridge. Camera batteries died after getting a couple of photos.

Sat. I was around Donner and it was really good and deeeeep. The direct line off Donner is close to being filled in.

Sun. was in trees near Truckee with knee to waist deep powder that was getting a little heavier than previous days. We were able to get a nice crack at the top of the ridge at the entry, but it didn't slide. Felt and heard whumps in the trees.

Got down 80 before it closed. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am 

The Chutes at Rose were very fun yesterday. A skier and I were the first down what I think is "Hornet's Nest" when it opened. and we caused a huge sluff to run down several hundred feet the width of the chute. Kinda scary for inbounds - definitely could have buried somebody. We both got off to the side and let it pass, but it still pushed hard on my legs and buried me up to my crotch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next