Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Atomic Splitboards?

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 pm 

"Is the clamping system similar to a ski boot buckle latch?"

Yes and no. You use crampon tool to flip the buckle over the latch and I believe two rods come out from one side and slip into holes on the other side.

'As for the crampon tool, are you saying that the only way to use the board in split mode is with the crampon engaged?"

Nope its just a tool. Use it on icy traverses or to operate the interface. Just put them in your pack when you dont want them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:53 pm 

NxNW: Great update even given your brief exposure. Thanks, it peaks my interest even more to see this thing in a show, shop or my garage! I like new and different things, which is why I'm glad I started getting involved with the split scene as there are so many options and DIY/Mods.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:55 pm 

Did it feel ligher or heavier than a Voile split?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:25 pm 

Sorry guys, had to wait until today for updates. Basically this thing has been in development for nearly 1 and a half years. Voile makes a killer system and we recognize that. But as mentioned there is always room for innovation.
The board is built so that all existing hardware has a function as mentioned above. The clamping system, turns into your climbing bars, the crampons are your multi tool for assembly.
One thing unique is that in climbing mode, the tail of the board is used as the tip for climbing with a more traditional ski shape. So when riding down, you have a split tail board, when climbing, you have traditional tips that track better in deep snow.
Also the bindings are placed on the posts as mentioned and then the disc rotaes locking the binding solid on the board with no wobble.
The board itself is a completely new shape with a pintail design. Had it on snow today and it rips!
As far as patent stuff, basically the only thing the two systems share is that they both split.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:27 pm 

I will post pics if anybody can tell me how to do it. [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:37 pm 

I've heard rumors that this board has been seen recently on the slopes up at Powder Mountain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:03 pm 

Basin today, Pow Mow soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:14 pm 

Does this new splitboard have a Camel toe? Rumor I heard was that the proto-split seen up there was sporting a camel toe :lol: Cameltoe = swallowtail :?:

Re Picture posting: Instead of suggesting the "search" tool - I'm desperate enough for pictures to copy and paste these instructions from an old post. I use photobucket.

This was posted by Ecobrad.

"Biglines.com is a great site for posting pictures as well. Here's an old explaination from Steeleman.

First thing is, you need to have your photo posted somewhere on a webserver. Note that some webservers like Geocities, Yahoo, etc. don't let you host photos and then present them on other pages by remote linking. So if you don't have a good webserver for this, we recommend biglines.com.

Second thing is, once you have the photo on the web somewhere, you should copy the URL of the photo. That is, of the image itself, not the HTML page on which it may sit. It must be a .jpg or .gif file extension. Best way to do this is right-mouse-click on the photo somewhere and select \"PROPERTIES\", which will give you the URL. Copy that address, for example: http://www.splitboard.com/splitboard/im ... _logo3.gif

Third, on a thread here at splitboard.com, click to post a reply, then click once on the IMG button at the top of the POST A REPLY screen. This will put an IMG tag in brackets. Then paste the URL of the image, then click the IMG button again to close the tag."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 pm 

Labonza wrote:
I will post pics if anybody can tell me how to do it. [/img]

Please do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 pm 

Saw it, touched it, flexed it today. What's it like? I'm not tellin'. :P

The Atomic doods were very cool...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:33 pm 

Bad Karma Surf, bad. So, besides being cool, what did the opposition have to offer? Interesting? Destined for failure? Gimick? Genuine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:05 am 

Feel free to email me some pics Labonzo or a press release.

ps. karma, you're worthless! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 am 

Labonza,

bcrider sent me this thread link to show me how to post pictures. You have to upload them to a photo server (photobucket.com, kodak or others)

viewtopic.php?t=3605&highlight=

Now show us some of the goods, and thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next