Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:58 pm 

man, my first thoughts seeing this were what the fuck was this guy doing.

but seriously, this is awesome. glad to see someone bag that right now and make it out. people get too uptight and don't respect people's ability to make decisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:04 am 

Glad I don't post any of the WYO trip reports on powderbuzz, those guys would hang me. Not telling you anything new, by Wyoming is also considered a continental snowpack and we ride slopes much more hairball in the middle of the winter. We also ride slopes that are known killers in the middle of winter, but we do the best we can making good decisions and respecting the snowpack and taking the best line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:54 pm 

Thanks for the stoke WyoSplit.

Glad to see you made it out safe and sound. It's obvious your pride and joy lights up every room she enter. Congrats!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:57 am 

Stoked to see you out in ColoRadBro, bummed we did not link up and schralp some turns together, oh well, we have all season still! I was so jealous watching you schralp the Diamond, it looked so fucking GOOD! I think people are full of shit for trying to call someone out for skiing a line, everyone has a different comfort level, skill level, etc. Everyone goes into the mountains with different agendas, yours happened to be different than what others were doing, due to indicators that were presented to you that allowed you to make a decision based on those circumstances. Everyone out in webland thinks that just because the avy report says one thing, its not completely accurate for every slope and aspect across the state. As someone that has spent plenty time in the mountains with years of experience under your belt, this is what you and I do, we take risks and chances that could end up deadly, either by skiing a slope that is avy prone or a line that has tons of exposure with chances of dying if you fall. Not everybody agrees with this type of ski and snowboard mountaineering, only because they can't do it themselves and can't see why we do it, so these fine folks, that they are, feel it necessary to tell us how we should and shouldn't live/ride. Sounds like our government! This is why we backcountry ride, because their are no rules or boundaries, just the thrill of figuring out all of the madness the mountains have to offer.

Enjoy your time in SLC and send my regards to DJ and Unruley if you see him. I am procrastinating putting in my floors by drooling over all of the TRs on this sickter SITE!!! Keep posting more TRs from Wasangles!

Holler

Will WALK for POW!!!!