Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Northern Vermont 07-08
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:11 pm 

Ok, we had a great thread going last season... Hope Doug will be back!

After a week of cold temps and snow in the Quebec city region, there's been a warm front moving on to our region... However things kept cool enough for snow not to melt on Jay and most of Mansfield.

Snow began falling on Jay this morning and 5-6in fell on the mountain while most mountains saw only rain. Snow was visible this afternoon on the Stowe Webcam.

Jay and Mansfield area could see up to a foot of snow by the storm's end on friday evening... Things look good so far!

Post subject: jay peak woo!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:26 pm 

right on. this forum was way rad that season, ill be posting on here for sure.

more importantly jay was off the chain today! having the jet chair helping us gain some quick ele. people we making the trek over to areas surrounding 'bonnie'. can am was steep and deep this morning, but since it was in easy reach for the joey's out there we ventured farther and farther west every run. ran into a fellow splitter as i was making my way over to green mtn boy's (i wasnt even thinking at that point and didnt ask his name or if he posted here). We took a wicked solid run through the woods that was just unreal. totally wasnt expecting woods riding on opening day.

I recommend that people get over there. we'll be back at it tomorrow seeking out the goods.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:39 pm 

I was at Jay too on saturday: Sick day for opening!

Rode the trails all day.. stayed clear of the woods... Didn't venture out much... I rode a "regular" board... I used my split last w-e... This day was 90% lift accessed!

18+in of base pretty much all over Jay Peak... Hope this sticks around and we get pounded by next w-e... don't give me weather outlook... this time of year anything can happen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:28 pm 

Went to Mount Snow today for the first turns of the year on a "Regular" board. For those new SnowFans it was exceptionally good. they say the have 14 trails but it just seemed it was one big run which i did NOT hold back. love using people as gates. i recommend if anyone is thinking to make some good turns on some good snow. (For now) will get to Jay soon enough

Post subject: out west
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:46 pm 

we're in the wasatch tri-canyons again this season, sorry all. keep the n. vt conditions thread going and enjoy your winter. ps, mail us some more wolavers and syrup when you get a chance -- cheers, doug

Post subject: Re: out west
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:19 pm 

vtbackcountry wrote:
we're in the wasatch tri-canyons again this season, sorry all. keep the n. vt conditions thread going and enjoy your winter. ps, mail us some more wolavers and syrup when you get a chance -- cheers, doug

Nah! For real?

I tought we would have a chance to ride this season! After all, you did show the goods to Anne-Marie and André... I was hoping to join you on a ride at Camel's Hump or Mad River Valley!

Ah welll.... I'll have to hunt it down by myself!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:01 pm 

I think northern VT has more snow than the Wasatch right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:40 am 

There was an article on CNN.com yesterday that even said this... :shock: CO and UT are having a really dry early season.

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:19 pm 

After monday's rain, Jay Peak picked up 8in in the last 24H... Makes good for the coming w-e... Woods skiing is happening right now at Jay. Too early for some BC turns but the closed side of the mountain is easy access with skins!

Post subject: pow pow
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:54 pm 

big dump scheduled for sun-mon....

sick sick sick base there right now. rode a half dozen inches on top of it today. very cold, very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:30 pm 

Can you guys hook it with some pics, I would love to know what that terrain is looking like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:27 am 

pics or no, I'd like to find out if BC seems doable next sunday (Dec. 9th)... speaking of which, anybody got a floor I could crash on? happy to buy beeer/dinner in exchange!

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:44 pm 

Jay was pretty good this w-e... 8-12in the woods on top of a crud...

Now it's dumping since last night... 3ft in perspective when the storm wraps up on Wednesday... I'll be there tomorrow... Fishy will take it's first swim this season... Malolo got to taste it all so far... Splitty is awaiting quietly on the back seat for some earned turns if it starts to be windy or if the don't open upper mountain lifts!

That's the stuff!
:D

(PS: We'll try and take some pics and vids tomorrow... My friend just bought a helmet cam... maybe something good can come out of it!)