Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cameron pass 10/24
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 pm 

First TR with pics I think.

Cameron was mucho nice-o yesterday
temps in the 50's and sunny as hell. I got a nice facial burn. I went solo so sorry there are no riding pics.

I mainly went to check the place out since I had never been there before and had heard good things.

Since I was solo and am only 6 weeks out on a broken foot I took it easy and skied the mellow stuff.

The snow was really nice and I didn't hit a thing in two runs. It was weird getting back on the board especially since the muscles in my front foot are a little atrophy-ed (sp). Skinnin up was a breeze but the rides down were painfull. The split sure seemed heavy(riding) but that's just the begining of the season blues and the heavy mank that existed in the trees.

I rode the vertical cornice on the right. No pics of my line because I was having so much fun I forgot.
So much to do .........
Image[/img]
Could not get this one to rotate. I suck at internet

I will be back to CP. There is a lot to be done there. It is a long way from my house compared to berthoud or loveland though (2.5 hrs)

Oh yeah, I didn't see a single other skier the whole time I was there. There was one car in the lot but I didn't see the people it belonged to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:20 pm 

Snow looks a little blasted by wind, but a few days of high pressure will do that I guess. Still looks like a great day to be out. There are def. some sick lines up there in the pic of the peaks once they get filled in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 am 

I was up there yesterday from about 12-4. Did you see my jeep? Me and Mr. guidebook author to the Rockies Whitewater himself, Evan S......who after yesterday is now a newly devoted splitter for life...even if he did forget his boots :wink: Actually going up there again in about 30 minutes.

What'd ya think of our own little slice of paradise up in Northern Colorado? Poudre Canyon's the shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:05 am 

I was up on wed. didn't see a jeep.

Poudre canyon is bad ass! I gotta get up there more. Looks like some good rock climbing too.

I can't wait to get back and hit up the real runs around the corner. I plan on spending a few nights up there this winter.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 am 

Rotated:

That windlip line looks fun, where's the pic of the aftermath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:43 am 

Quote:
That windlip line looks fun, where's the pic of the aftermath?

I didn't stop till I was in the trees so couldn't get a good pic of it. That was my second run. My first was farther left. It was a fun little windlip though. My heelside slashers were a little rusty but I tore it up nicely.

I was thinking the whole time about how I gotta get some of those binders from you. My setup is incredibly heavy and I hate being lifted so high on the board. Probably just early season blues and broken foot stuff but I was really rusty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:57 pm 

Sick. Wish you coulda been there sunday,it was full on winter and just pukin. Ridiculous face shots :shock:.

We just got back from a nice,warm day at CP. Conditions on the face were F'n sweet for being October....soooo much fun. The trees do suck right now but they'll fill in. We rode the line,far right in your 2nd photo,by the windlip. It was nice n soft.

You should hit up the Z couilour(sp?)later in the season. Its the big,obvious gash in the mtn(no name peak) on the right(picture3). Its a nice,long,fun line once its filled in.

Cameron rulez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:58 pm 

Like I said, I will be back and I plan on riding the good shit next time. I'll try and let you guys know when I'm coming up there and we should hook up. Maybe some of the foco folks can point me in the right direction of some good lines. I wanna plan at least a few days up there and just hit up a bunch of the good lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:04 pm 

Psyched to see someone come up and checkout our stomping grounds. CP has so much to offer, there is years of exploring with endless terrain. I have spent the past 5 years taking a week off every May to tour through the Never Summers and I am still finding new lines. This place is so untapped! Home sweet home! :lol:

Post subject: What CP really has to offer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:50 pm 

Grand Central Couloir, Nokhu Crags

This is what the other side of that peak looks like if you needed more incentive to go back. For better reference this is the east side of Nokhu Crags. The first two were after the last storm we had. Not quite ready I found a lot of rocks on the way down. Here is some pics when it was filled in last year. These two are directly east of Grand Central

You should let me know when you head back up I tend to head up their once a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:52 am 

Sick photos of our home turf!! Check out Return to Schralptown and you can see every one of those lines in being ripped by splitters. The west facing couliors on The Noku that look at No Name peak and the Z coulior are sweet descents too. That one mountain has so many good stashes with the ability to remain stable during most seasons.

Yo Deadbird, we should link up this season and make some turns. I spend alot of time up on the pass, its always great to link up with other spitters. Hit me up.
Hurry up and snow!!!