Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nitro Boots
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:16 pm 

I found some boots made by a company called Nitro that work with K2 clicker bindings. Anyone have any experience with these. The particular model Im looking at seems to be a cross between a hardboot and soft boot. looks interesting. Any info would be great.
-Barret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:30 pm 

Yep, Nitro used to make Clicker compatible boots. I'm not familiar with them though. I think Jared might be, maybe he will chime in. Can you take a pic of them for us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:51 pm 

Those are the boots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:22 pm 

Hi Barret,

I remember when these boots where around but I've never used them. These are for flat Clickers I believe, not the HBs. I would guess their ride would be similar to a very soft hardboot. While you would have the convenience of step-in I'm not sure you wouldn't be better off in a soft hardboot. That way you'd get the advantages for climbing those boots offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:37 am 

Barrett,
I bought, then sold a pair similiar to those on Ebay. Way too heavy and bulky IMO.

Post subject: xxx
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:43 pm 

this boot s are NITRO MIRAGE

I youse the red -black boot from the year 2003 . nice for climb up.
many german splitboarder have some nitro mirage - aura -circus

in europa are some times yoused shoes in e-bay.

NEW are hard to found .... i call more than 25 shops befor i had luck .

burton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:16 pm 

I've got 'em & like 'em. Very stiff & supportive- heavy tho. They run narrow & short (I'm a 10, nitro 11 is snug), thermofit liners help fit and weight. I find I prefer hb clicker boots most days, but these are great on firm snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:47 am 

Dunno about the Klicker type but I've been putting up with a pair of Nitro Darkseid's for the past season. I've never put myself through so much foot pain - esp in the balls of my feet(metatarsils?). I bought good footbeds for them but they are going in the garbage. Despite a few recommendations from WorldBoards to help relieve the problems I never had a day in the BC where the foot pain didn't rise to terrible levels by the end of the day. I don't know about other Nitro boots but don't buy these!!

Now - what to get to replace them with????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:52 pm 

lewmt wrote:
Nitro Darkseid's for the past season. I've never put myself through so much foot pain - esp in the balls of my feet(metatarsils?). I bought good footbeds for them but they are going in the garbage. Despite a few recommendations from WorldBoards to help relieve the problems I never had a day in the BC where the foot pain didn't rise to terrible levels by the end of the day. I don't know about other Nitro boots but don't buy these!!

Sorry to hear about your bad time with the darkseids, Lew, but I had exactly the opposite experience. I liked em on the hill before, but had some circulation issues and calf pain bootpacking my first 1 or 2 days. After that, it's pure joy - I love em on the bootpack now and the burly support is fantastic for skinning for miles and miles. I am so happy with my setup that (for the time being), I've stopped searching for a hardboot for long tours.

They may just be the wrong boot for you / your foot, but they're just right for me. Since you used em the whole season, I'm sure they're broken in, so that can't be the problem. Good luck with finding the replacement - hopefully you've already done that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:59 am 

Its funny how long your post has been there pulverschwein & I just now read it. I guess I was searching new tech on botts for the upcoming season.

Since posting my last comment I've discovered that I have exceptionally high arches which causes a lot of metatarsil pain in my feet regardless of boot brand on long BC days. I've since purchased a great arch support insert which makes all the difference & have returned to the darkseids as my boot of choice. All apologies to Nitro for the negativity - just couldn't imagine that it coulda been me that was messed up :oops: