Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:00 pm 

monday at jay sounds sweet too, got the day off. could be SO EPIC if this noreaster sets itself upon us. would love another day or two around jay this season, will def make it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:58 am 

this morning's ascent.
my girl taggin it today in the bc. yep... we've still got snow.

the conditions this morning were pretty darn good, but much more humid today w/ fog and snow at elevation. the dew point has come up and it's getting downright wet out. still snowing on the mountain, but getting heavy, especially down low.

still not sure what this BIG storm's gonna do on sun/mon. gonna be tight w/ temps for precip in the form of snow. either way, it's coming down bigtime. let's hope for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:08 pm 

jay has come in at just under 34 degrees,33.8 just after 1pm today at summit, so assuming most of snowpack has been affected and is somewhat saturated at this point. looks like temps shot up quickly around 830 this morning. many locations now well above freezing.

tomorrow may be fairly wet and sloppy...

coyne86 - how did jay's snowpack hold up today w/ temp rise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:46 pm 

Well you're assumption was right. The snow was real wet, prime for a snowball fight. Pretty much everything is decently tracked out and it proved to be difficult to plow through this uberly packed powder. Super fun though. The glades reminded me of those concrete snake runs that were so popular in the skateboard scene in the 80's. I didn't trek out of bounds anywhere today, but the snow will be heavy, but again its April. Heading out to Big Jay for some turns tomorrow morning...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:52 pm 

here's a good look at things as they stand right now...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/nerfc/graphics/ ... _today.jpg

looks like it's n. vt, sugarloaf or the chic chocs for the goods this spring. everywhere else is pretty thin, but this noreaster could just UNLOAD on us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:13 am 

So the final (?) plan has me heading up tonight to tag Jay w/ ikkin and co tomorrow. We're hoping to get snowed in. :) PM me if you'll be up that way, but I dunno if I'll have any access to the internet after this afternoon, so if you don't catch me by then, DOH!

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:28 pm 

today was wet and foggy, we didn't get out. it was still snowing at sunrise this morning and things are freezing back up right now at 11pm saturday night. tomorrow conditions could be challenging at first until things soften up, which shouldn't take much. then the storm rolls in. tomorrow afternoon could be real good and obviously monday morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:40 am 

monday 830am

rain has overspread entire region except for continued mix at jay early this morning. another 14" new at jay, 12" at stowe overnight with this storm. lots of precip but not widespread snows as we had expected, except at select locations.

things are WET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:35 am 

Hey all! Hope everyones spring is off to a good start. Just wanted to let people know about something sweet we got going on in the NEK. If you haven't been by or heard yet, the Peter Glen in St Johnsbury is no longer! Yaay! Well thats not the sweet news. In its wake it left a nice vacant building, plenty of merchandising racks, and a void that needed to be filled (or more like improved upon). Cut to the chase, Kingdom Outdoors is in the building. I lucked out and scored a full time job there. We're owned by two rad doods who both have managed the Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington for years, and are trying to fill that void in the NEK. We're based more or less off the OGE and we are doing cosignment.

We will be having our 'GRAND OPENING SALE' the tomorrow (Friday May 18th). 7 PM on Friday we have a friend coming in to do a slide show of some kayaking (I believe in the Himilaya?) We'll have some free stuff for those that come and FOOD. It'll for sure be a good time, so come out and support/check out you're new local shop and bring you friends and family.

We will have boards and skis in the winter, and don't worry I'm trying to brew something up for us splitters (maybe rentals so we can work as missionaries).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:01 pm 

big cut on big jay. check burlingtonfreepress.com for more. hopefully the man doesnt bring too much wrath for these doodz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:53 am 

saw this on Backcountrymag.com... It looks like everyone knows these guys are a$$hats and don't represent BC skiers and riders in general. I think they are gonna get the book thrown at them, and I don't think ANYONE is going to try to defend their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 pm 

I acutally know one of the guys... They did some good jobs in the past... Awful thing too... like the pumphouse! Now they went to far...

Post subject: heck yes snow time
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:26 pm 

got two days in up on jay thurs and today. we skinned from the parking lot. rode top to bottom. theres nothing like earning your first turns of the season. get on it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next