Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:41 pm 

still snowing, another 4-6" here at home today. the riding's been awesome. snow is dry and light w/ 20-36" bases in the bc right now.

this winter's like the energizer rabbit... keeps going and going and going.

right on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:49 pm 

fyi, lots of resorts are starting to shut down and there's still lots of snow to ride on. take advantage and get out there.

i'm suggesting sugarbush north, spruce at stowe, burke, and all upper elevation bc in n. vt.

more snow on thurs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:03 pm 

thats what i heard too...

i imagine that i'll be at jay on wednesday, anyone else free to shred?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:38 am 

I took last Friday off, so another day this week would be politically difficult. :) If anybodywants to do a tour on Saturday or Sunday, I'd be interested.

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:37 pm 

today was sooooooOOOOOO sweet, another 4-6" at elevation. hit the bb's at smuggs/stowe. still dry and deep, unreal for april.

spruce at stowe is closed for the season. same for sugarbush north/mt ellen. go get it, over 18" fresh since friday.

i'm in for a tour this w/e depending on how thursday's storm and week's end temps pan out. hope it stays cool/cold, let's keep in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:53 am 

I haven't been to Mansfield yet, and that's a likely target for a split-party next year, so I'd be psyched to get a tour in. I can get up at stupid o'clock on Saturday morning, but I have plans on Friday night, so I can't be there until that morning...

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:47 pm 

looks like later this week and upcoming weekend will be 'springlike' with high temps in the mid-thirties to low forties and lows 20-25 at night. could corn up real nice or be deep and wet for the weekend, only time will tell. probably won't be much dry stuff left, tomorrow should kill it w/ forecast temps near 40 and any new snow on thursday should be wet and heavy. but oh what a week it's been...

fyi to all, stowe has a $25 all day ticket deal for this sunday 4/15 with 2 can goods for the vt foodbank. a good deal, especially w/ all the new snow. may want to check it out w/ out forking over the big bucks. but get there early as it promises to be crowded by mid morning.

another 3-4" last night, but a bit warmer temps and pokes of sun today. 34 here right now at 3pm. snowpack is definately starting to get a little saturated. stay high and on north thru east aspects thru tomorrow (wed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:05 pm 

So it's dumping out right now! I jsut got word of some more amazing news! Accuweather.com is telling us that today's goods are not the end of it... Sunday and Monday we are looking at what they are calling a 100 year storm!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha. can it get any more ridiculous than this?

read it to believe it!
http://headlines.accuweather.com/news-t ... ccuweather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:17 pm 

Oh jeeze... So, I think I will not worry too much about plans for Saturday, because I may just take a vacation day or two next week... Anybody on the Vermont side starting to make plans for next week? I can't take Monday off, but perhaps Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:21 pm 

today didn't suck, mansfield bc.

i think i finally figured out how to post pics... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:32 pm 

still snowing hard on my way home this afternoon. expected to taper off tonight, but the mountains got hit all day with well over 10" new snow.

yesterday's (wed) high temp on mansfield in the sun was only 29, so just squeezed by with the entire snowpack still dry up high, especially north aspects.

the next week's weather looks GREAT. another BIG storm for sun/mon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:41 pm 

we got PICTURES!!!!

Good job doug!

(ok, conditions: SNOWING HARD! and wet....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:42 pm 

I'm looking at Fri, Sat, Mon, and Wed at Jay for the up-and-coming storm week. Here's a cool little video clip of some non-sense from the year. <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2019383451">Video from random day</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=2019383451&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=2019383451&title=Video from random day">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next