Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: powder alert
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:32 am 

24-30" storm totals poss. in the mtns tonight thru saturday night, with lingering upslope orographic snows thru sunday. eastern slopes favorable for highest accumulations in central vermont. winter storm warnings currently in place.

this upcoming week should be real good. temps to stay below normal w/ poss of more snow monday into tues.

we've lost some snow over the past week. mansfield stake at 88" last week and now down to 69". sounds about right, was pretty warm for 4-5 days.

glad my fingers are still crossed, plenty of winter still left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:33 am 

come on big snow! I'll be at Jay Sat and Sun. Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:15 pm 

sweeeet.... don't gotta go nowhere! we're gonna get nuked right here, yip yip yip.

just might have to catch up w/ you tomorrow coyne86, first tram? send me a pm. working tonight but will check in late night.

peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:50 pm 

we hit smuggs/madonna yesterday morning (sat) with a solid foot+ of new before the lifts spun, excellent bonding to old snow. then over to the bb's, super sweet. headed to okemo this morning w/ my girl, great turns all morning for $29, at least another 6-8" it seemed overnight. nw winds picked up this afternoon with gusts 25-30 mph at summits and still blowing a bit. should move some snow around tonight for sure.

looks like 20-30" storm totals on average, as predicted, over past couple days, yet still snowing hard. we really needed this after the warm spell last week. conditions are outstanding again right now. STILL, get on it BEFORE this thurs afternoon 3/22, as another warm spell is forecast w/ temps near 50 degrees.

enjoy the snow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:56 pm 

Yep! Sure was nice this weekend.

I went snowshoeing around Sutton to look for good BC lines in the surrounding area. We had about 12-18in of fluffy stuff depending on the area of the mountain. Reports from Jay are talking about 30-34in of real fresh stuff and no winds before Sunday afternoon.

This week could be THE best week of the season for BC adventures. Solid and reliable base with tons of new stuff on top of it. Careful with open streams, they were dangerous this w-e with last week's warm spell!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 am 

I dug my car out from under at least three feet of powder yesterday at Jay Peak. It had been accumulating since Friday night. Saturday was supposed to be the bigger day, but the snow started to slow down around noon. Yesterday it kept going all day, so much that I think Sunday will turn out to have the higher total of the two.

BTW, coyne and vtrider, it was awesome to meet you guys this weekend! I even saw a couple other random people getting on the lift with their Freeride '66's. After this weekend, I am super stoked about the state of the NE split scene!

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:02 am 

woooeeee! jay was ridiculous this weekend. super light fluffy better-than-utah snow on sunday. should be tons of snow out there...have at it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:20 am 

just got in from a tour up pbrk/hh with the dogs. was hoping the road would be plowed up to the gate, but it wasn't. ended up skinning up anyway, a long approach but a nice day, bluebird and NO WIND. turned around just before ct crossing since dogs paws were balling up w/ snow and temps nearing 30. was hoping to set a new skin track in north side of bh, but will have to wait till wednewday w/o dogs.

snow conditions were great, except back down at the very bottom where my skins started sticking just 100 yards from the truck. still, clouds moved in by 1130 and the temps went down a degree or two. should make for a fine day on wednesday, i'm stoked.

glad everyone's out enjoying the pow --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am 

yeah man it was great seeing you up there. if you saw a guy on as red/orange freeride 66 it was probably my buddy Ansel. When I saw you I was just getitng out of the ski patrol hut. I took a stump to my spine after downclimbing the saddle. heading to the docs tomorrow to get it scoped out. hopefully ill be back out there soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 pm 

Just got back from a tour at the Round Top (Sutton, Qc) and there was a good 18-24in of fluffy stuff with deeper sections with wind slabs all over! It's getting packed down right now. It was my first tour since my shoulder surgery. Amazing! I have pictures and map coming up... Full TR from the East in the report section!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:31 pm 

going to Stowe this weekend what conditions am I going to expect? I would love to bring the split but i do not think it will be a good time after this past rain.the weekend looks like a high of 45 and a low of 25 at night. tell me whats up... thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:56 pm 

Well, if temps stay above freezing, things will be soft and fun... If it dips hard, expect some hard stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:03 pm 

ditto above...

there's PLENTY of snow for mashed potatoes (hold the gravy) and fun in-bounds by mid-day, but entire snowpack will freeze up overnight, so stick to groomers first couple hours each day or just sleep in a bit. spruce will soften up first as well as sunrise to lord at mansfield. try those as things soften there first.

be sure you're waxed up for afternoon slop too, may even want a structure put in your base. high temps approaching 45-50 by sunday.

enjoy $teaux.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next