Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:08 am 

jimw wrote:
I know what you mean! I have to constantly keep the bolts tight. I've lost a clip completely more than once. Here's a funny video that shows exactly what you're talking about (see the end of the vid):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4446792616

Nice short sharp chutes, good video!

The Oh Shit chute is pretty much the nose clip issue I had all the time, just when you dont want it - sure makes it hard to keep the business part of the edge engaged (inside front). Split or not, I wouldn't choose a Burton Custom for 40+ degree corn anyway: its got some control with a nice and easy turn radius but too soft and poppy for my liking. I've certainly never had a board bend under me that much. For steep and hard but not so fast I like tight turning, damp and stiff: like a damp pipe board.

My girl and I are hopefully taking on 3 weeks of touring pretty soon. She will be on her Prior split and I will alternate days between touring skis and the S-series+postive attitude... cause damned if I am snowshoeing behind her split track. Pity the NS wont arrive in time. I'll snowshoe if it gives me the chance to ride the Dupraz 5'5" because damn, that board has so much slow and surf sensation. I rode it over knee deep pow on the weekend and loved every turn from small rock drops in tree chutes to open and gentle fields. Its love with a big L.

People seldom agree with my opinions, often the odd one out. To me the Burton split just isn't a solid bomber all terrain ride for me its like surfing on a blow up bed, it can do it, but there are much better options out there. Each to their own, as was said.

That was cool helmet cam footy.

Post subject: Damian
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:46 am 

I haven't looked at this lately. Do you have any interest in the Mountain Gun, it may be to your liking? I am in the US and could get it to you before May. No hardware or skins.