Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:19 pm 

Did you guys know that June Mountain closed due to lack of snow... for the season?

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/weblog ... 07267.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:17 am 

glad you got out mtnrider.

I'm waxing boards. F*ck the jinxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 pm 

f*ck the jinxing is right, it's been coming down good since about 10:30 this morning here in Tahoe Donner...should be good by this weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:38 am 

Weekend's system is looking like it may split. Projected snow will be cut in half if that happens. This is all PJ's fault!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:46 pm 

All the whiners need to find a little altitude and ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:47 pm 

Powderhouse has pretty great conditions on the upper two thirds. Coverage on the bottom third is still a bit thin and the snow is heavy(er) down there. I was wishin I had a big'ol swallow tail for some of the deep snow trail breakin near the top. Altitude is everything (almost) right now for conditions. Didn't see anything movin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:35 pm 

Hey, I'll take responsibility for this storm. :D :D

Hope everybody got sum. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:40 pm 

Okay, PJ. You got lucky this time... :roll:

It was nice to have some new snow underfoot, was it not? Man, I am out of shape for this time of year.

A patroller was caught in an avy at Mt.Rose resort today and his leg was broken:
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic ... eakingnews

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic ... eakingnews

Post subject: Got sum over the weekend...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:41 pm 

And it didn't all suck... Today would have been sweet though... (says the desk jockey, looking longingly out the window)

Anyway, this dump definitely bumped up the avy danger for a little while. The resorts all managed to get some pretty big releases via bomb, and at least one unlucky release via human over at Mt. Rose in the chutes today... Patroler there got taken for a ride on a previously bombed slope while ski-cutting and doing more bombing... 3ft crown, but they didn't say which layer it released on...

So, variable conditions in some of those steeper areas with the heavy new snow... Play safe, but get out and play while you can! 'Tis pretty nice out there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 am 

8 feet or so in the last week make for interesting conditions. 2 more feet forecast for tonight. Its game on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:52 am 

The Mt.Rose area hasn't gotten any 8 feet of snow this past week, but it's still damn good just the same. Kirkwood claims they have, but those are Tim-Cohee feet...

Still taking occasional base hits on Proletariat laps on Saturday, but things are prolly really good after the 2' of snow yesterday. I still cannot believe the lack of snowbanks next to the road even yesterday. Last year they were 12' high, this year maybe 3'.

Went to Homewood yesterday and it was good as always on a big storm day. They actually had the Quad on wind hold at Homewood. It is very very rare for a lift to be on wind hold there. Took me 3 hours to get back to Reno. I80 was closed I think, and so my efforts to get out 89 and 267 both failed. Ended up have to go over Mt.Rose Summit is awful driving conditions.

Tomorrow and/or Wednesday should be really good.

Post subject: True....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 am 

I can vouch for the first 3+ feet at Kirkwood as of Friday.... Not used to riding at speed on a swallowtail with snow up to mid thigh to waist... Deep bottom turns gave me some belly and chest shots in some of the gullies early in the day... I'll give wind transport some credit for those...

But I read about the slight warm-up in the last bit of snow over the weekend, making it a bit top-heavy in places. Now another 2+ feet to fall on that. Definitely need to be carefull out there for a few days, especially with a lot more wind blowing and moving this new stuff around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:32 pm 

Sucks that rose did get kinda skunked on that first round. Glad it didn't happen again on round two. Can't wait to see how things are up in *ourglass after today/tonites stormage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next