Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 pm 

I'm in Vancouver as well, and looking for people to go out into the backcountry with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:21 pm 

Hi im Ben 6'2" 180lbs, blue eyes, like long walks on the beach......opps sorry, wrong website.

ive had my split for about a year now, live in squamish, have the avy gear and taken the course. havent been out too much tho but would like to a lot more. mostly been up to elfin lake area and whistler/blackcomb backcountry. if anyones looking to go out riding drop me a line :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:46 pm 

I might be headed up to Brew Hut next weekend if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 pm 

^that would be great but.....there is always a but...I have to be oncall that weekend for work which means i cant go. id love to go another weekend tho.

it says in the book i have (exploring the coast mountains by skis) that the hut was damaged and schedualed to be repaired, has that been repaired yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:44 pm 

Yeah, the hut is in great condition now. It is being taken care of by students from UBC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:51 am 

Hey,

I went with Sev last weekend to Seymour. Hanus rain crust was everywhere leaving much to be desired. Now I have a serious jones for some powder.

I'd really like to do a day tour Wed or Thursday. I'm thinking musical bumps. I hear that wind did some serious scouring and created hard windslab in alpine, but there is still some goods in the trees.

Anyone intrested?

-clint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm 

still lots of good snow in the columbias right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 pm 

Clint, or anyone for that matter, are you getting out this weekend Feb 24-25. I am trying to find a trip to go on or I will end up splitting up Syemour on my own. Can be a one day or an overnight. This will be the first trip out since my son was born on Christmas day and I need to take advantage of the opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:49 pm 

Sorry, no plans to get out this weekend. I just got back from 4 days in the Duffy Lake area, and need a couple of days off.

I think Diamond head may also be a good option for you. You can skin to Red Heather warming hut without any avi danger. The mellow slopes past there are nice as well, and low avi risk. But you should really have a partner jsut in case. You may be able to meet/join a group at the warming hut as it gets pretty busy.

Hope you have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:20 pm 

I'm looking to meet some new splitboard partners. Most the guys I rode with last season have moved away. I'm up for pretty much anything-day trips, overnighters, peaks, laps, whatever. I also might end up with a job at rogers pass(hopefully) so I'd like to explore that area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:04 am 

ekonmf!!!. job a rogers!!!!! nice. live in kelowna but plan on doing as many trips to rogers as possible.i do alot of local touring but am interested in finding people for trips that know different areas.

Post subject: Looking for partnersand/orinfo; in Vancover from Dec. 20-30.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:30 pm 

Will be in the greater Vancover area from dec 20-30. Definitely, want to do some bc riding in the Whistler and Pemberton area (up there from 26th to 28th). Looking for parnters, information, suggestions on day trips, or any info on any good guide books. Thanks.

I will on a split and my girl will be on AT skis. Both us have avy equipment, avy education, and bc experience around the Tetons, CO, and NZ.

Post subject: split partners
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:33 pm 

I ride almost every day and welcome any spliters to join in I have 20 years in the coast range I will be going out back of blackcomb tomorrow I was out there today some great snow up high PM me or email jamesoda @shaw.ca Way the keyed James