Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:15 pm 

super sweet TR. You guys are doin' it right.

nice

Are you all underage or just good kids? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:55 am 

Another stellular trip report. I want to sell my house and get one of those tents.

Can you believe my wife wont go along with my plan?

Quote:
Are you all underage or just good kids?

Just think of how old they make me feel . Good to see you guys are going against the grain , most people are still resort riding .....or even worse playing playstation all day.

YOU GUYS CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 pm 

meine fresse :o , da geht ma echt oaner ab!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:28 pm 

According to Google, that translates as:

"my eat, there go off mA genuinly more oaner"

I hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:17 pm 

I laughed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:51 pm 

Quote:
Are you all underage or just good kids?

We wish we were under aged but we are painfully old. Really we are just sponsored by Pepsi and the Mormon church :) . No brews but we still know how to have a good time.

Quote:
Very nice trip report! Did you destroy your Burton S board during jumping - Do you propose Volile split kit or older Burton (Black Diamond) binding? I want to be shore if I can to try jumping on my S165.

Hey Rudys, we had the same question the last couple of years and have learned a few lessons the hard way. We bought Burton Splits about three years ago. The boards have been awesome. The binding interface works pretty well, just be sure to have your ice scraper with you at all times. We dropped plenty of cliffs up to about 30 feet tall and lots of backcountry booters without any problem. After a year and a half of riding (60 days or so) the burton (Black Diamond) interface broke.

After the interface broke we decided to buy the Voile split kit. The problem with the Voile split kit is that you will have to drill out new holes (8 for each binding and 10 more for risers) in your board to accept the Voile kit since the Voile kit is not interchangeable with the Burton factory inserts. The Voile kit worked out pretty nice for a couple of weeks until my husband landed a moderate sized jump and ripped both bindings (16 screws) out of the board.

We decided to manufacture our own pucks that would be interchangeable with the Voile kit and the Burton factory inserts. We found some great instructions on a post on the Splitboard forum.

The new interface worked great. The problem is that the when the screws ripped out of the board it ruined the core. My husband broke his board in half while dropping a 30 foot cliff a month or two later.

Bottom Line:
You have the Burton S165 which is not compatible with the Voile system, unless you drill out the board. The Burton (Black Diamond) interface works pretty well and will withstand a lot of abuse even if you are pushing it pretty hard. I would reccomend using that system until it breaks. If you do go to the Voile system I highly reccomend you make some pucks that use the Burton factory inserts.

By the way, the 07 Burton boards (S162 and S168) come with factory inserts that accept the Voile interface.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:02 am 

boardergirl wrote:

Wow.... that must have been quite a jump

Post subject: Split board for jumping
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:15 am 

Thank you boardergirl. I will test my S165 in hard conditions in this season. For next season i have to buy new S162 with Voile interface. I measured the length of S165 board. In fact the length is 162 cm. How long shoud be new S162?