Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: December 16, 2006--Yodelin, WA, USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:18 pm 

Myself and Loom had an amazing day riding the old growth and glades at Yodelin yesterday. Aside from the atypical start antics that I was doomed to, (left gear at home, forgotten contact lenses next to the sink etc.) we negotiated the void of electricity along 522 through Kenmore and Bothell and arrived at the pull out east of Stevens pass at about 9am. though generally preferring an earlier start this worked to our favor as after breaking trail for a bit we were passed up by some speedy tele-folks. The Slide alder has now mostly been entrapped, providing easy skinning Topping out around 11ish it was my pleasure to give Loom first cracks at the amazing old growth that is Yodelin. A second lap up top and break for some lunch, then out to far skiers left where we again met up with said tele-folks to descend to the car. Some of the trees are tight to negotiate pushing us a little further right than would have been ideal but we were able to still make the final glade/former run to the car.

Snow Info:

surface was 7-9 inches of light pow, under which was consolidated powder that would almost, some of, most of the time support our weight while skinning trail. I was really happy with the stability of the snow, though we did not dig a pit for visual inspection hard ski cuts in the steepest sections of old growth released nothing but minor sloughing.

Wicked good day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:33 am 

Looks sooo niiice!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:34 am 

lewmt wrote:
Looks sooo niiice!!

How you folks out east shapping up....? Still low SNOw?

Post subject: Re: December 16, 2006--Yodelin, WA, USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:47 am 

Tophervw wrote:
Aside from the atypical start antics that I was doomed to, (left gear at home, forgotten contact lenses next to the sink etc.)

Must have been a pretty tough day without contacts.... you ripped some blurred white stuff all day. :wink:

The snow looks delicious!

Post subject: Re: December 16, 2006--Yodelin, WA, USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:30 am 

IridePow wrote:
Tophervw wrote:
Aside from the atypical start antics that I was doomed to, (left gear at home, forgotten contact lenses next to the sink etc.)

Must have been a pretty tough day without contacts.... you ripped some blurred white stuff all day. :wink:

The snow looks delicious!

I had to go back to the house to get them...I can't see sh*% w/o...but yes things were still blurry from time to time :wink:

Post subject: Missed connctions
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:57 pm 

Thanks for the pics here Chris. Sorry I missed you Saturday but hope to make some turns soon. Yodelin looks so fresh...and so clean. :wink:

~ Edub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:20 pm 

Gotta love the trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:01 am 

I guess I should actually register on this site, finally. I've been reading TR's for a long time but neve posted. So, here we go. Along with TAY these are my two favorite forums to keep up with.

Thanks again for a great day that still rides on vibrant in my memory, Tophervw. Looking forward to riding with you again soon.

Had a sweet day riding Alpy today. BC opened late, but it was thanks to my guinea runs j/k ;-) Really it was so nice all day long thanks to cold temps. I brought out the splity for the afternoon lines to out, way out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:03 am 

PS - Edub you got to get out with us man.