Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Venture Snowboards
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:59 am 

Any one have info/feedback on this board?
http://www.venturesnowboards.com/index. ... vide.html#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:18 pm 

No personal experience, but the board looks nice. I think with Silverton Mt. growing that area is turning into a mini mecca of bc madness which should make for a great product testing ground.

The environmentalist geek in me is also happy to see a splitboard company that joined 1% for the Planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:16 am 

no idea, but they wouldn't even ship a crap demo to me to try east coast. I had to live in CO to try one...fat chance of that happening. Guess they don't really want to "expand". :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:03 pm 

I rode the Euphoria 167 medium (solid board), not the Divide so I can only comment on Venture boards in general. The 26cm waist width is a little wide for my size 10 boot, but for powder it rode nicely. Snappy, lively board. The Euphoria has a good amount of taper so mostly just a pow board.

Sounds like the Divide would be a stiffer, harder charging board. If the waist width works for ya, then it would be a great solid or split.

Post subject: Venture Snowboards plans move to Silverton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:22 am 

Denver Post article about the move of Venture snowboards to Silverton:
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_4723707

ddegraaf wrote:
no idea, but they wouldn't even ship a crap demo to me to try east coast. I had to live in CO to try one...fat chance of that happening. Guess they don't really want to "expand". :shock:

They only produced about 400 boards a year so far..... that's why the probably just do not have any available for the East Coast. Maybe they will expand somewhat after this new factory is up and running.

Post subject: Venture
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:51 pm 

Met the owners and tried a bunch of boards on Friday at Eldora. Very nice folks, hearts in the right place and doing it as green as possible.
They had their first split on display, minus the chinese hooks and tip/tail clips. It was a slightly tapered shape, and VERY LIGHT.
I enjoyed riding their medium-width boards, especially the Zephyr model in 157 and 161. Light, torsionally stiff and snappy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:25 pm 

It's a bit strange that they would not send a demo to the east coast, as they offered to send me one on the west coast, where there are no dealers either. I don't think the split was able to be demoed as they have just started pressing them recently, or at least that is what they told me when my board was delayed. Working in the snowboard industry may have helped, but thus far everyone I've spoken to at Venture has been real cool and helpful, and every one I've spoken to that has one of thier boards has been pretty stoked. I can't wait to get mine, and I'll let you all know how it is as soon as I'm on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:12 pm 

My new Zephyr 165 should arrive in the next day or so. I needed (term used loosely) a freeride, do anything board and had planned on getting a NS T5 but stumbled across the Ventures. Specs seemed similar and I really dug their ethos so I ordered one unseen/unridden.

I'm a little nervous about the lack of a demo but based on feedback from others I've talked to who know what boards I like, seems like it should be a winner. The Divide looks nice but based on my limited experience with my Voile 166, I think my next split will be something a little longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:17 am 

corbeau Let me know when you get it. Maybe we can get together and swap boards for a run. I have a 173 freeride you could check out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:24 pm 

FYI,

if you're in Idaho, boise area, Jon at Custom Cycles is carrying Venture Snowboards now.

www.custommtncycles.com

i may see about a demo.

Post subject: Venture
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:35 pm 

THe BaseCamp in Mt. Shasta is also due to stock Venture. I'm waiting for my chance at a demo as well.

Andy

Post subject: saw it got it
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 pm 

The venture divide 161, I pick it up Friday :D . Will post a ride report after this weekends festivities.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:54 pm 

So far I've got two short days on my Divide and I am liking it. It rides way better than the Burton I used to ride, and even though it is a bit shorter (165 - the Burton was a 170), the tapered shape gives it better float, while it's not so tapered that it feels too turny. The only complaint so far is the p-tex topsheet. While it looks prettysweet, it collects snow (especially wet Sierra snow) that seems to shed off of other boards/skis. I plan to experiment with waxing the topsheet to see if I can remedy that situation. Interestingly enough, I ditched the Burton to "upgrade" to the Voile setup (and I've never ridden a Burton board I liked) and spent 15 minutes wrestling the pin out of touring mode with a pair of pliers. WTF! I know it's not Ventures fault though, and hopefully with use the pin will slide a bit easier. Definitely a worthy ride, and Iam stoked to support a company that looks like it's headed in the right direction.