Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Cascades Represent!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:21 pm 

Anybody down for some boarding this/next weekend in the Mt. Baker area? It's dumping right now!

Post subject: Re: North Cascades Represent!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:02 am 

scm007 wrote:
Anybody down for some boarding this/next weekend in the Mt. Baker area? It's dumping right now!

Anyone been out in the BC around Baker yet? Wondering what the avalanche conditions are like in the area with the recent snowfall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 am 

Baker bc has claimed one life already...

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/42545.html

NWAC has predictions that slides down to the weakened rain crust layer are possible. In wind loaded areas that can be 8-10ft thick in higher elevations! Yikes!! Right now telemetry confirms snow and breezy conditions.

Break out the snow saw, rope and pickets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 pm 

snoslut wrote:
Baker bc has claimed one life already...

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/42545.html

NWAC has predictions that slides down to the weakened rain crust layer are possible. In wind loaded areas that can be 8-10ft thick in higher elevations! Yikes!! Right now telemetry confirms snow and breezy conditions.

Break out the snow saw, rope and pickets.

Yikes indeed. I wonder if that guy fell in a tree well or if it was a slide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:14 pm 

Don't know any other info but the body bag crew are waiting for conditions to settle before they attempt a recovery.

Before I heard about this I had plans for an overnighter this weekend somewhere off Ptarmigan Ridge/Coleman Pinnacle vicinity. Gonna go back to the chalkboard and rethink this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:01 pm 

Yeah, I was thinking of hitting somewhere around table mountain even just a quickie up to Artist point and down, but probably not now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:38 pm 

So looks like you made it out anyway last weekend huh? Looked good up there from your photos. I didn't end up getting out. Girlfreind was sick asll weekend.

snoslut wrote:
Don't know any other info but the body bag crew are waiting for conditions to settle before they attempt a recovery.

Before I heard about this I had plans for an overnighter this weekend somewhere off Ptarmigan Ridge/Coleman Pinnacle vicinity. Gonna go back to the chalkboard and rethink this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:34 pm 

Quote:
I didn't end up getting out. Girlfreind was sick asll weekend.

A girl I've been fancying and spending lots of time with couldn't make up her mind and bailed so I got sick of it and went riding all weekend. The best remedy ever!

If weather holds maybe an overnighter somewhere deep in the north cascades this weekend. If not then day trips and maybe the next weekend for an overnighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:29 pm 

Sounds like a good remedy to me.

Anyone out there ever looking for mid-week partners let me know. I am able to week days fairly often and most folks I know aren't able. Anyone been out this week? Wondering what the snow has been like. Can't make it out tomorrow and probably going to ride lifts at Crystal on Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:52 pm 

jcocci that's the same boat as me. This week looks like at least a couple feet of new especially with the high winds. I have Friday off again and thinking about taking off Thursday. Was thinking Crystal Thursday and Baker Friday. Then touring on Sat/Sun. Nothing is ever set in stone though.

Check your pm's.