Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: splitboarding backpacks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 am 

my brother is starting up a backpack manufacturer. i'm trying to convince him to make a splitboarding specific model. any suggestions on features/design aspects?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 am 

I like my 4 pocket pack better than my 2 pocket one. Seems I have lots of little stuff. I like ability to carry board in disassembled and assembled modes. Needs to carry two ice tools and poles and crampons on the exterior. Good waist strap and sternum strap are a given. Hydration bladder compatable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:39 am 

3snowboards wrote:
I like my 4 pocket pack better than my 2 pocket one. Seems I have lots of little stuff. I like ability to carry board in disassembled and assembled modes. Needs to carry two ice tools and poles and crampons on the exterior. Good waist strap and sternum strap are a given. Hydration bladder compatable.

I think that sums it up. An insulated hydration should sleeve is key. Being able to a frame the splitboard ski's would be sooooo nice. Of course you also need the standard snowboard carry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:18 am 

How about a pocket for the skins on the back pannel, good pole holders (insert joke here), External shovel pocket with quick release for fast access, Crampon pockets, back pannel unzip to acces main compartment without removing board from pack. Someone already mentioned a-frame attachment option and regular attachment. Avalung and hydration sleeve,and radio pocket built into shoulder straps. Ice axe attachment, and gear loops on waist straps. Ipod controls on the waist strap, built in beer holders on waist strap (at least three), speakers on top compartment, motorized wheels and handle for golfcart-like mobilization.Your very own sherpa/genie that you activate by rubbing the hydration bladder. Oh and last but not least, naked swedish girls with mattresses strapped to their backs and hot cocoa served from their tits!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:52 pm 

shredgnar wrote:
How about a pocket for the skins on the back pannel, good pole holders (insert joke here), External shovel pocket with quick release for fast access, Crampon pockets, back pannel unzip to acces main compartment without removing board from pack. Someone already mentioned a-frame attachment option and regular attachment. Avalung and hydration sleeve,and radio pocket built into shoulder straps. Ice axe attachment, and gear loops on waist straps. Ipod controls on the waist strap, built in beer holders on waist strap (at least three), speakers on top compartment, motorized wheels and handle for golfcart-like mobilization.Your very own sherpa/genie that you activate by rubbing the hydration bladder. Oh and last but not least, naked swedish girls with mattresses strapped to their backs and hot cocoa served from their tits!

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^ plus another hidden stash pocket that is air tight so nosey noses can't smell what's in it.

And keep it all under a half pound, and make sure it's completely indestructable. :P

Oh yeah, one of those Inspector Gadget go-gadget helicopter thingys would be pretty sweet too. I would let it go up to 2 pounds if it has that.

UB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:18 pm 

im extremely abusive to my gear. not intentionally, it just happens. stronger zippers, straps, and clips would be nice! stitching where straps connect to the pack should be very solid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:12 pm 

Have him copy my Dakine Poacher Pack and then sell it for 1/2 as much. It can carry a board assembled or split, and it does A-frame too. Back panel access and toploader. No deadicated ax holder but that's ok with me.

Good luck to him. There are about a million packs out there and I think everyone has found at least one that already works for them.