Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:40 pm 

Check out this thread for some comments and pictures from Berthoud, wednesday morning:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... 224&page=4

Reports are somewhere between 8" and 14". It should be alright, however since there was no base you probably have to be a little careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:59 am 

Sweet Bert Pic - Scary amount of shrubs poking through. I'd definitely want to know what I was riding on b4 hitting that.

A-Basin Report for 10/19 - Snowed all day. Only one run open but it was pretty long. SUUUUUWeet snow condition all the way down to the very bottom where there was a trecherous patch of ice - My ass will remember that all week.

Post subject: Who's heading up in the AM?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:24 am 

I know someone's going somewhere - Being new to CO, I have no idea where to roam, so PM me if you want some company.

Post subject: HEY HOMIES
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:02 pm 

Deadbird and I got some sick turns in at berthoud.

Knee deep in it in places.

See ya next storm!

Doug - How was that last run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:08 pm 

What day your you guys there? Iridepow and myself hit it up on Saturday. It is amazing at how much snow has fallen there already this season. More like January than October. Hopefully more storms will roll through in the next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:14 pm 

Sorry we missed you guys. Where were you? I think it's called Floral Park where we were. Definitely unreal conditions for the date. There were some people doing stuff on the other side of the street from the parking lot that looked crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:19 pm 

Yeah, I have to agree that I had some questions about some people's decision. There were five tracks coming down on the east face of No Name. I do not think I would have done that with this early season conditions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:28 pm 

I saw a lot of tracks in Floral. How was the coverage? I was thinking it was a little bony. Hopefully it does get loaded this year like last. It's not in good condition every season, so that would be nice.

We went out the 90's then toured over to the 110's. I have to say that it was the earliest I have ever been on those runs. So far so good.

Post subject: Coverage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 am 

Coverage was great, a couple of minor scrapes on the powerline but it was nice and deep in floral. Loved those open fields at the top. Deadbird was going to cut left further after I took off, looking forward to hearing how that went, it looked REALLY nice.

Where to next weekend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:24 pm 

I'm thinkin of hitting some stuff off 285 (Georgia Pass) or something in the Gores...Uneva? These are longer approaches, but no crowds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:41 am 

How was Georgia Pass? Is that where you went last weekend?

Berthoud was actually not very crowded. Not even close to the previous weekend when we were there. Plenty of parking in the main area, and not crowded out to the road either. Then again, I think you can get turns in any of the creeks which probably helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:47 pm 

Didn't make it. I ended up working. We did go to Hoosier Pass and toured around a bit. Good to hear the crowds tamed down..that day we were there was a madhouse. I heard loveland got creamed, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:34 am 

Dave,

Sorry I didn't get a hold of you. The lack of snow this weekend left me less than motivated to hit the bc. Hopefully we get some decent snow by the end of the week. Right now it's not looking so hot, but they are hinting it could get a lot better.

So I bailed on the bc and dirtied myself at Copper Mountain. The Wrod wasn't too bad, but the moving gates were horrible. Especially on the lower mountain. Long lift lines, tons of people, and sunny skies. Yep it was a lazy day for sure. It is still amazing how much snow has fallen up there. Hopefully we don't have to wait long for another big storm cycle. Things could be near mid season if we can get in the groove again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next