Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Boots for Splitboardin'?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:12 pm 

hey all

well i am going to be new to the sport this winter and i am looking for new boots for the year. my question to you experience ones is what boot do you ride and what you like about it n what you suggest would be a better boot? what feel do you need when the board is split in the climbing mode? what brand are good? Salomon, Ride, Burton, Thiry-Two, Northwave? tell me what you think. the bindings i will be riding are Burton Missions. Thank you for you input.

Ride Powder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:16 am 

Hey man, welcome to the forum, but, umm, you don't need to ask this question! Take a look at all the threads in this forum! You'll find that everyone has different preferences, and that even depends on what they're doing that day. Basically, I would say that the requirements for a backcountry boot are pretty much the same as front country... If it's comfortable for you and fits your foot pretty well, it could be a good bc boot. Anyway, every other thread is already anserwing this question for you.

:D
Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:40 pm 

totally understand... but if you look thru the posts things are NOT current. they are mostly LAST year, i am interested in things now. 06/07 but also seeing what people ride, ya know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:22 am 

Good point... Because everything I rode last year, I throw away right before the season starts. :shock:

Okay, for the record, I'm just giving you a good-natured hard time, and to prove it, I'll say, I've got some scarpa invernos that I'm looking to use this year with the Voile mountain plates. I tried them last year, and didn't like the laces loosening up on me. This year, I'm hoping to put a heel strap over the top of it stop that from happening, we'll see how it works out. Soft boots, still looking...