Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go lighter!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:46 pm 

MykeBurtonS70 wrote:
breadbox wrote:
a Vortex Backcountry skiing pack prototype
How was that VORTEX? I'm thinking of getting one.

It wasn't bad. They though of everything and it's not bulky, just too heavy for the size and for my tastes. Lots of fabric. When the zippers blew, I sent it back and they replaced them, no questions asked. They have a great return / warranty policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:00 am 

I picked up the 32 liter BD anarchist with the avalung last week and I think I'm gonna like it ! It has some really cool features like a insulated hydration tube holder opposite of the avalung side very convienent tool and skin pouch among others . The board carrier seems to work well also but I think I will cover the existing webbing with some tubular webb to help make it last longer. I also own the avalung 2 and found by the time you strap on your beacon ,pack , camera and the avalung it became just to complicated especially when shedding layers.I think the functionality of the pack really will make the avalung a lot more appealing to use. I know I found myself leaving the old one home more times than not.BD also told me they are backordered for over 1500 and they clearthe shelves as soon as they come in so they are definatly popular this year but also should be readily available once the season starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:50 am 

Thanks for the info ridefire! Can you post a photo or two of the board attachment?

Thanks,
Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:23 pm 

Here is a few pics of the carrier on the anarchist thought I would show off the new swallowtail while I was at it just got it today and it is sweet!! The a-frame carry shown could possibly block the exaust valve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:20 am 

ridefire is the KING of posting up the sideways steeze! :lol:

You gotta learn how to rotate those man if you're going to take the time to post them.

Thanks for showing us the anarchist pack with new voile regardless! 8)

The board carry looks a little weak as suspected but I'm sure it'll get the job done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:20 am 

Ahhh, If you could see the pack closet. Many years ago in my younger days I broke both my ankles and both my collar bones in an accident racing motorcycles. I have searched high and low for a pack that fits my bumpy collarbones right. In addition, I have been doing Search and Rescue work for the last twelve years so I tend to pack heavy for those just in case accidents that I have seen so many of.

For me, I have an older Osprey Kestrel top loader with the snowboard attachement and I always gravitate back to this pack. I have recently purchased a Vortex 2200 and find it to be very comfortable and stable. A bit heavy, and big for most days.... but very well constructed and usable.

So here it is... the line up from the pack closet

Dawn patrol - Granite Gear Sidecut Ride - 1,000 cu

Day Hike - Osprey Kestrel - 1800 cu

Long Day Hike - Vortex 2200 - 2200 cu

Minimal overnight - Golite speed - 2900 cu

Multi day - Wild Things Andinista - Convertible 1800, - 3,000, and 5,000 cu inch.

Other packs - for sale

Dakine Poacher - 2600 cu
K2 3300 - 3300 cu
Nike ACG 2.0 - 1800 cu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:02 pm 

I guess I must be the only one who tilts my head sideways when I'm online. I am stoked just to be posting somthing but I promise you BCR that I will get this all figured out someday. And you are right the webbing on the carrier is a little skimpy I'm planning on reinforcing them for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:14 pm 

I picked up a stash BC rider pack from Backcountry access last year. It is fine for day use and riding a chairlift. Also the stash bite valve is clincher. I had running water at subzero temps.

But it is still a little too small to keep you outfitted overnight like in a hut or something. I guess if I attached a sleeping bag on the outside...

Post subject: CamelBak ...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:34 pm 

Did anyone checked out the CamelBak ones ? The Honcho & Helion seems decent .... Haven't seen them in person yet... so can't comment on the "feel" of it. I use the MULE for my MTB riding and sometime for short approche scrambling, great pack !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:14 am 

So now I'm really confused. Other than the Dakine's (which have gotten some serious dissing) which is a decent pack w/ back access? I snowshow about 50% of time depending on approach and not being able to get into the pack with board attached is a drag...

Thanks,

VTRider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:29 am 

vtrider wrote:
So now I'm really confused. Other than the Dakine's (which have gotten some serious dissing) which is a decent pack w/ back access? I snowshow about 50% of time depending on approach and not being able to get into the pack with board attached is a drag...

Thanks,

VTRider

You said "snow shoe"....<giggle>

Osprey. AWESOME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:05 pm 

Great info and discussion, I didn't ever think about how nice it would be to have access to the pack from the back or belt camera pocket or some of the other features. Its really opened my eyes to all these optoins, thanks. Now that I have narrowed it down should I take items/wieght and load up the pack when testing at the store? Any other considerations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:46 pm 

Quote:
You said "snow shoe"....<giggle>

BAAWWWWWA!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next