Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:56 am 

bcrider wrote:
Ahh be more optimistic bro! You still have the corn season at Tucks right? :)
Not everyone can ride blower pow in April. :mrgreen:

Re the Matrix, I believe greg from jackson uses this same boot. From what I saw of it at splitfest the buckle placement looked to be in the right spots (unklike my Lowa boots).

YUP...we got Tucks for sure! I wont be taking the split/hardboots unless there is skinable snow, and at this rate there will be no snow until you climb....thus, the split/scarpa's will be put aside for the solid and the nuptse's.......

The Buckles felt absolutley great on those boots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:56 am 

OKAY. So ive got quite a bit more days in on these boots.

FINAL EVAL:

1) Im hooked. Plan on Dynafitting my board for next season.
2) Boots are super comfy. (i re-thermoed them and have had no problems.)
3) Skin amazing. The power and edge hold are great.
4) Ride is great. I canted the pucks and that seemeed to solve all the foot pain i was having.

A Pic BCR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:11 pm 

That's awesome to hear that the boots and bindings are working so well for you affix! At the end of the day what works best for the user (not the user's friends) is what matters the most. :thatrocks:

Re the picture you posted.

At the risk of getting flamed (but not the risk of damaging our friendship), I will say that the particular picture displays the traits of hardbooting that I would expect from someone using them. The stance is very upright and rigid with the knees far a part. Aesthetically speaking, I like a lower, more surf-like stance.

It's all good though and again please don't take MY little opinion too strong. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:48 am 

bcrider wrote:
Re the picture you posted.

At the risk of getting flamed (but not the risk of damaging our friendship), I will say that the particular picture displays the traits of hardbooting that I would expect from someone using them. The stance is very upright and rigid with the knees far a part. Aesthetically speaking, I like a lower, more surf-like stance.

It's all good though and again please don't take MY little opinion too strong. :)

No Worries! That pic does show me a lil upright.....He actually took it as i started off so im a lil wabbly. Believe me, with that snow/slope I was totally surfin' it. That actually sealed the deal for me....:)

The knees however aren't that far apart....My Stance is actually a bit narrower than in softboots and i canted the pucks 3 degrees so my knees are bent in alot like in softboots.....

Anyway, not trying to convert here. I will STILL ride soft boots....how bout this picture? Low enough?
Image :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:24 am 

One advantage I can think of for the hardboots is kicking steps in really hard snow, especially with the crampons on. My skiing amigos were able to kick in alot easier than I was while hiking frozen glaciers early in the morning. I think summer glacier missions are the only time I would put this to use, luckily the rest of the year I'm out there to hit the snow that's soft all day long.

I guess the alternative approach is to always invite a skier or hardbooter or two along on summer missions so they can kick steps for ya :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:51 pm 

affix snow wrote:
....how bout this picture? Low enough?
Image :D

way better! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:00 pm 

I purchased a new par of Matrix a few weeks ago. They were last years model, so I was able to get a 50% discount.

I used them once last week on a short run, and they felt great. Skinning felt like a dream. I will have to get used to the increased edge control while in ride mode, but I think that it will be a good boot for me.

Do any of the other Matrix users, or hard booters, notice a huge increase in edge control when making the switch over to hard boot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:15 am 

HammBone wrote:

Do any of the other Matrix users, or hard booters, notice a huge increase in edge control when making the switch over to hard boot?

OH boy yeah! Definately more control/more sensitive.....but i LIKE it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:08 pm 

So, quick question about the adjustments that are available on the Matrix.

Have any of you had any feelings about the forward lean adjustment?

What about the "canting" adjustment on the side?

(Since I don't ride in the "ride" or "lockdown" mode, I don't mess with the forward lean. As for the "canting" adjustment, I am at a loss as for what it does.")

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 am 

Foward lean...not a clue.

Canting HELL YES!

By canting the pucks, it adjusts the angle of the boot laterally so your stance is more like that of a softboot...where as your knees are angled in towards each other. Because AT boots arent made to angle in laterally, the cants help ease that pain.....

Voile is apparently working on 4degree cants now....i made my own, but will be getting voiles once they are availible.

Post subject: Forward Lean & Canting
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:09 am 

Canting: adjusts the angle of the boot to match your body to board geometry. You can either do this through the boot or with canted pucks. This setting on the Matrix eliminates the need for canted pucks - because canting is built right into the boot. My advice is to go to a professional boot-fitter to have this done right and leave it alone.

Forward Lean: adjusts the angle of your shins to your feet... the deeper your crouch, the greater your forward lean, the more you stand straight up, the lower your forward lean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 pm 

Quote:
Voile is apparently working on 4degree cants now....i made my own, but will be getting voiles once they are availible.

Hey man

The set up sounds awesome. I just picked up a pair of matrix boots also and was wondering if you can post a pic of the canting set up you made for your pucks.

Healy Creek near Sunshine Village

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 am 

I dont have anypics on me now, but will wgladly snap some later and post em' up after i get back from my weekend escapades......