Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: please help a lady find a nice, wide, stiff...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:36 am 

BOOT! i'm all set in the other department. :twisted:

so i've been dreading this new boot thing for years. why put procrastinate a gear purchase, you say? because i'm a littly lady with super wide feet. EE, to be exact. the guy who fit my hockey skates says i have wider feet than 90% of the men currently inhabitating the earth. but i still have lady legs! which means my calves start lower and all that jazz. so, needless to say, its super hard to find boots that work for me.

i'm getting to the point, i promise. PUH-LEASE help me with the following questions:

1. which boots tend to run wide? i've heard DC and 32, but want to confirm it with the experts over here.

2. lately i've been leaning toward buying men's boots. only problem is the cuffs are higher, so they tend to gouge (painfully) into the backs of my lady legs. which brings me around to the question: if i buy guys boots, do you think i can just cut down the back of the cuff? will that compromise performance at all? and suggestions?

thanks people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:13 am 

Buy a boot with a removeable liner. Put a thermofit type liner in the boot, add a powerstrap to the top, get 'em molded to your feet and go! Sounds to me like the best option for your feet, and you will need a good boot fitter to get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:48 am 

Thats more like it. I think we're gonna need some pictures of those!! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:53 am 

Poor Women...everytime they ask a question, Guys need pictures....

That said, We are gonna need some pics 1st :wink:

But seriously! Go thermofit liners! My lady ended up getting guys boots and she has wicked nice muscular calves but has no problem with the boots being higher....(they were Scarpa Matrix AT boots.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:36 am 

Well if i'm gonna help i need to see what i'm workin with...... :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:04 pm 

Splitfire wrote:

so i'm assuming you want to see pics of my feet, right? :wink:

thanks for the tips on the thermofit liners! and now for a follow-up question: can i use the liners from my tele boots and swap them back and forth between my tele and snowboarding shells? or should i get dedicated liners for my snowboard kicks?

you guys rule. and you can post pics too, you know. especially if you're wearing carharts or if you're on a mountain bike...or if you're a firefighter. or a cowboy. :) but i digress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:30 pm 

Test fit the liners between both boots, it may work if the boot volumne is the same. I put the thermo's out of my hardshell snowboard boots (mondo 27) into the Dynafit TLT4's (mondo26.5)I just got and they are a perfect fit without reheating them. YMMV, of course, so test and hope. Or you could just use those tele boots in Voile Mtn plates........ but that is another subject altogether :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:18 pm 

ikkin wrote:
Splitfire wrote:

so i'm assuming you want to see pics of my feet, right? :wink:

thanks for the tips on the thermofit liners! and now for a follow-up question: can i use the liners from my tele boots and swap them back and forth between my tele and snowboarding shells? or should i get dedicated liners for my snowboard kicks?

you guys rule. and you can post pics too, you know. especially if you're wearing carharts or if you're on a mountain bike...or if you're a firefighter. or a cowboy. :) but i digress.

Sure, feet, legs, backside whatever's clever. This is important stuff here. :wink:

How bout wildland firefighters??