Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:12 am 

Yeah, ya know I've been pretty surprised not to see a response from Prior on this thread. They sponser the site so you would think that they check it out once in a while.

My experience with Prior has been good so far. I debated getting a NS but liked Prior's shape and weight better. I've yet to ride the board though so I'm pretty nervous of how I'll be treated if there are any durabilitly problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:32 pm 

Never had any problems with my Voile and they have always been super solid people to deal with. Throwing in nuts and bolts for free, calling within hours of me contacting them to make sure everything was right, etc.

Fuck Prior if this is the way they treat people. What goes around comes around, and frankly, the way David's board was misdrilled (a thousand dollar board! at retail!) you would have to pay me to ride a Prior.

Customer service and bad PR like this will help to keep Prior small. Meanwhile, Voile has grown up and branched out and they're still the same cool people they were before. Pretty stark contrast between the innovators (Voile) and the johnny-come-lately's...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:51 am 

That is a pretty shitty deal ! I bought a khyber on sale last year and after reading all this feel very lucky to not have had any problems.I really like the board and have no complaints I also own 2 Voile boards and soon to be a third , they are a great product and I will be supporting Voile with my buisness for the rest of my days. Everyone there are awesome people whom you stand behind there gear and for me that is extremely important when I'm gonna spend a lot of money on a board ! Any one want to buy a khyber?

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:25 pm 

I had a similar shipping issue. Mine was packed in a cardboard sleave. It arrived with a small dent in the base. I mentioned it to Prior (with pictures) and they said that they have never had issues with shipping in the past (and didn't offer me any deal or anything).

In my case it wasn't a big deal as I've since put much worse scratches in the base. I guess i'll go with NS for the next split though.

Post subject: Hello from Whistler
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:36 am 

Hi fellow splitboarders, It's Chris and Dean from Prior weighing in.

We would like to thank all those who submitted to this thread thus far. We have been reviewing regularly and are using it as a tool to continue to improve our customer service and product.

Our goals for Prior are simple: we want to make the best boards possible, ship when we say we will, and back this up with great customer service. Even though we work hard to do this each and every day there are rare occasions when these goals aren't met.

The popularity of our splitboards and splitboarding in general has continued to increase dramatically. This has required us to double our splitboard production in the last 24 months and has resulted in some growing pains.

Our apologies go out to splitboarders out there who feel that they have not been given the treatment or goods they expected. We will continue to strive to improve our level of service, reduce lead times, and to attain our goal to get you on the best boards available. If you ever feel you are not getting a fair shake feel free to ask for either of us directly.

We continue to embrace the factory direct portion of our business as the vast majority of our customers like the additional customization it provides. We also enjoy communicating directly with our customers as their feedback makes us a better company and improves our product.

For Winter 2006/07 we are excited about several improvements to raw materials and processes that make our new boards the best we've ever produced. A new epoxy resin system and unbreakable UHMW sidewalls means the new Priors are stronger and lighter than ever before. Our packaging has also been improved.

Our production crew is the most talented and dedicated we have had the pleasure to work with and are focused on our company goals. From the customer service side fellow snowboard fanatics Sean “Dinwoodieâ€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:53 am 

Hello Chris and Dean and welcome. By the way I love your town (who dont?) Lots of Good times spent in your area. When I was looking to buy a new split I started asking around about performance and like and dislikes about your boards. I have to say I was alittle Biased by the fact that I love your area and peoples attitudes ect. I had bought a Burton s-series and I was having lots of problems with their interfaces. Not wanting to make another bad choice I asked a lot of people about Prior and Voile. I ended up winning a Voile at splitfest so I didnt buy anything. So here is what people I spoke with #1 complaint with your product is HOLE ALIGNMENT!!!!! Time after time thats was the issue. Now I read what you have posted and I see a lot of "corperate speak" ...ie "We are Very Excited" yada yada. I dont want to be too harsh but If I would have spent 1100 hundred uS dollars on anything and the holes dont line up for the hardware then you are buying my stufff back.(Note to buyer here. Buy with Mastercard or Visa and if you are not satisfied with your purchase, call Mastercardand tell them you refuse payment ) . And thats your companies #1 problem. So if you really want to help , do a recall. If holes dont line up and your company drilled them give the costomer A BRAND NEW BOARD. After all the costomer sent you full payment in spendable money. Ie they delivered on their end. Now its your turn.

Post subject: Prior needs to step up or get out
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:19 pm 

Based on this thread, it sounds like Prior has four issues to deal with.

1. Timely delivery of product

2. Shipping practices

3. Quality control

4. Customer service

I can understand (but not necessarily accept) if a local, family-owned business has difficulties with the first three items on this list, especially if they are experiencing “growing painsâ€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:50 am 

I am suprised to see the lack of empathy from people who have had no issues with their boards. If I paid that kind of money for a board when I could have paid alot less for a board from another company which is probably just as good I would be pissed as hell. It doesnt matter if I already owned one of their boards that worked great thats not the issue. LBR that was a stupid comment man. We are lucky to live by mountains, but every dollar I earn is through hard work, I'm not rich, every piece of equipment I own is second hand except a few pieces. You can do this sport on the cheap, the alternative is better but it can be done, you don't have to come from money.

Post subject: Prior's Image
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:03 pm 

Well UTAH, I can't answer as a Prior owner, but I can answer as a potential Prior customer... I was seriously consider a Khyber 160 for my next board, but now, I dunno... I (like everyone else on SB.com) would love Voile to drop their new model(s) on us ASAP, but in the meantime, I'm back to looking at a Freeride or a Gun. I might pick up a khyber if REI puts them on wicked-good sale around the time I finally drop cash for a split, but I would probably never buy one straight from Prior at this point...

So that's the deal Prior guys: if you leave these complaints unanswered, and you don't make a lot of people out there become your advocates through excellent customer service, people aren't going to trust you as a company. Right now, the ATV and the Khyber are the two models you make that really set you apart from other companies out there. At some point, these will get direct competition... If you have convinced your customers that you are a good company by then, I'm sure you'll have no problem, but if not, you'll lose your audience.

Thanks,
Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:31 pm 

After reading this thread I can feel the anti-Prior sentiment oozing through my monitor and spreading like a bad cancer. I would like to add that my experience with Prior was smooth but just like playing devils advocate. I would still buy a Kyhber from Prior. Its just a matter of selling enough beaver pelts.

Customer Service Rule # 1: Customer is always right even if you know the person is wrong.

Making customers feel like a victim....hmmm that can't be good for future business. Remember the best form of advertisement is word of mouth.

I couldn't help but notice the complaints all coming from your customers in America. What you Canucks don't like us?? Is this payback for all the bad Terrance and Phillip jokes. Just kidding. I like Canada and look forward to buying cheap prescription drugs when I start losing the war against gravity.

Post subject: Khyber for sale?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:24 pm 

ridefire wrote:
Any one want to buy a khyber?

Not to hijack a thread, but are you still offering? Let me know.

jaleel_da_sheik@yahoo.com

- ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:07 pm 

I vote we let sleeping dogs rest and revisit this thread in a few/several months. I think Prior deserves a chance to redeem themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:54 am 

in the meantime, if you're thinking about a prior board but are worried about the above mentioned experiences you might consider going through REI:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?storeId=8000&query=*&cat=40003613&text=1&vcat=REI_SSHP_SNOWBOARD_TOC:C

speedy shipping and a no questions asked return policy if something ain't right.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next