Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:59 pm 

God I love this thread. Showing these pics to my wife & I can say "See hun - I have some serious catching up to do".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:00 pm 

Are there any changes to the 178ST besides the graphics? I've been thinking of trying to talk a friend out of his ( he olny bought it beause it didn't sell in his shop, & I waited too long), If the 195 was being built again, I would have to get that though.
I've been looking at the Maori since it came out last year, I really like tapered boards after getting used to my khyber. Was thinking about a standard Tanker, but the new board sounds real nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:08 pm 

The new 178ST's have a slightly stiffer tail, and the core is from a different secret manufacturer- :wink: The quality improves on all Voile boards each year, no doubt! Remember, every single board is handcrafted in the USA :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:00 am 

Karma Surf, cool hangers for the boards...where can one pick those up, or are they home brew?
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:18 am 

still waiting for a pic of the new base graphics.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:47 pm 

Hey Karma still interested in the 178 with 195 graphics. I'd love to get my hands on one of the new 178s this year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 pm 

Good to hear from you Ridefire! You should sell that board here, it's worth some money- the first Voile 178ST to have ever been made, a one of a kind shape! The production model boards all have wider noses, and were initially softer than your board.

In the mountains, that board hangar is cheapo-pine-ghetto-hack-job-at-home I threw black paint on- an easy quick project. Thanks for the compliment though!

BCR and others, I'll be starting a new thread detailing some Voile updates for this season, and I'll include some photos as well. I don't want to hijack this cool thread. I'm digging the boards...

:D :D :D Post away! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:16 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm 

365 days of fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:21 pm 

Refried & John D...

I have a 06/07 Tanker 200 'Maori' that I got from Sandy last season. Killer board, you're welcome to try before you buy. Although, if you try it, you're sure to buy it. I had one of the older Tankers and the new ones ride quite different, better to my mind.

You're welcome to try the Dupraz 178 too if you're interested.

Hopefully, I'll add a split early this season as well as a new Happy Monkey 'everyday board'.

Best,

Thomas

refried wrote:
Are there any changes to the 178ST besides the graphics? I've been thinking of trying to talk a friend out of his ( he olny bought it beause it didn't sell in his shop, & I waited too long), If the 195 was being built again, I would have to get that though.
I've been looking at the Maori since it came out last year, I really like tapered boards after getting used to my khyber. Was thinking about a standard Tanker, but the new board sounds real nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:06 pm 

Quote:
have a 06/07 Tanker 200 'Maori' that I got from Sandy last season. Killer board, you're welcome to try before you buy. Although, if you try it, you're sure to buy it. I had one of the older Tankers and the new ones ride quite different, better to my mind.

Thanks for the offer, I went ahead and ordered a Tanker, just waiting for it to be shipped. I've wanted one for a while and heard too many good things about them.
I just picked up another swallowtail, a Wasatch Mojo, Don't know much (anything) about them, but I plan on splitting it in the next couple weeks. I wanted a swallowtail split but I thought the Voile's were a little short for my weight, and didn't want to pay for a Prior. Maybe I'll try making some parts myself this time, It will give me something to do while waiting for the snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:18 am 

Thomas, I'll take you up on that. Refried, which island do you live on? I'm a half hour to the ferry dock in Anacortes, perhaps if you want a little help with the Wasatch I volunteer to come over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:25 am 

Jon, I'm over on Lopez, first stop on the ferry . I'll let you know when I cut this one. Just getting parts together now. I'm going to call Voile' tomorow and order parts, I don't know what I'll use for the pucks yet, I'd like to make this board with adjustable angles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next