Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 07 flow bindings
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:00 am 

being the gear guru that i am...well actually i dont have anything but i love doing research about new gear...i found some pics of what seems to be the 07 bindings line. Sweet jesus those teams at the bottom look light!

http://www.snowboard-mag.com/node/8869

porky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:50 am 

Hey Porky,

I got a chance to see all the new Flow bindings in person. The 7th one down in the pics (on the link) that is green and white is the lightest of them all. It's called the NXT All-Terrain. It was as light if not lighter than a Burton C60 or a Ride FLT MIG binding and resembled the Ride bindings in the baseplate.

Flow has done such a good job in the updated design and the weight reduction (30% less than the current Pro FS) is amazing, not to mention the reduced bulk factor... great for skinning with a close stance. They also will have the ability to rachet down the upper cap to further the tightness once your boot is ingaged.

I've been touting these to BCRider and many of my buddies. I think the new Flows will be the hottest thing to hit the splitboard community next season. With the clean, lightweight design and sold construction, I have to a say these are going to be winners! I plan on getting two pairs - one for my splitboard and the other for my kite-snowboard.

? - Is this the Porky on Bay Area Kite.com?

Post subject: Re: 07 flow bindings
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:57 am 

porkythesplitter wrote:
being the gear guru that i am...well actually i dont have anything but i love doing research about new gear...i found some pics of what seems to be the 07 bindings line. Sweet jesus those teams at the bottom look light!

http://www.snowboard-mag.com/node/8869

porky

BTW - the bindings at the bottom are the revised Team's. They were actually available this year. They only changed the cap and added the ratchet feature. The baseplate and highback stayed the same. At $500 these are not any lighter than the NXT-AT I mentioned above, but they are stiffer due to a magnesium frame and carbon highback. Definately high on the cool factor!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:09 pm 

Wow, those look pretty sweet. I bought a pair of flows back in 2000 just because I liked the idea of being able to get in and out so quickly. They were so heavy and bulky that I never thought of buying another pair. Looks like it may be time to take another look at them, especially if their weight is now on par with the c60's. Anyone know if they're still as bomber as they were before they lost all the weight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:45 pm 

yep yoda, same porky. I'll tell ya a little bit about myself...Im from Santa Cruz but go to Chico State and im studying manufacturing technology there, hoping to work in the carbon fiber industry after I graduate in another 2 years. Im a long time snowboarder but never splitboarded so im doing the pre-years research, hoping that i can make enough money to get a splitboard and kite gear in a year or 2. I also just started taking kiting lessons. Im actually in brisbane Australia this semester which is where ive been learning to kite.

OK, well im a longtime flow fan and user...and im loving the looks of their new line...boots too

porky

maybe i should have pm this...o well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:57 pm 

porkythesplitter wrote:
yep yoda, same porky. I'll tell ya a little bit about myself...Im from Santa Cruz but go to Chico State and im studying manufacturing technology there, hoping to work in the carbon fiber industry after I graduate in another 2 years. Im a long time snowboarder but never splitboarded so im doing the pre-years research, hoping that i can make enough money to get a splitboard and kite gear in a year or 2. I also just started taking kiting lessons. Im actually in brisbane Australia this semester which is where ive been learning to kite.

OK, well im a longtime flow fan and user...and im loving the looks of their new line...boots too

porky

maybe i should have pm this...o well

If you get a chance, I've heard that the Ozone Instinct is already available in Australia. Look for it and try to fly it! I've heard its super easy to handle if your learning... better than the other brands (from what's being said). And if you want performance - it has that too! C-Ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:42 pm 

im trying to get out there but no winds man! sux!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:27 pm 

yoda, you know anything about the new boots too? there are pics of them on the same website and i know that flow works very hard to make their boots work best with their bindings...