Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: never summer plits rule!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:22 am 

just got back from my third annual pilgrimage to alaska!!!! the blahoe bros. at Never Summer have done it again!!! my first split ,premier 165, was put to the test with over 250 days on it and it is still charging harder than ever. the blahoe bros. put together a 169 titan for me last month and i am in awe at the new perfprmance. the tri- radial sidecut is so responsive and even though it is longer than my previous, it is lighter. i encountered every condition known to man while on our search for schralptown this past month in ak. valdez cursed us with gloomy/foggy days while schralping 2 to 3 ft wet slop next to the port of valdez. We encountered corn, wet pow, chalky pow, and bullet proof boiler plate on turnagain arm. finally after six days on the scandianvian glacier we toured miles all over and schralped epic blower pow on 3500 ft 50degree couloirs!!!! the blahoe bros. have created something that all must check out. thanks to NS for making my trip to alaska that much better!!!!!

schralptowner Mr. Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:37 am 

dude

how does NS set up their splitboards? Are they all custom? I don't see any splits on their website.

please advise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:03 pm 

They can split any model for you ( build one as a split, not cut a solid board). I think they do it on a request basis, so you probably won't find a NS split in a shop.

There's a few posts about this, use the seach function to find them.

Post subject: NS splits
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:59 pm 

Our splits are all custom made to order.http://groups.msn.com/splitboarding

Post subject: Re: never summer plits rule!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:55 pm 

schralptowner wrote:
just got back from my third annual pilgrimage to alaska!!!! the blahoe bros. at Never Summer have done it again!!! my first split ,premier 165, was put to the test with over 250 days on it and it is still charging harder than ever. the blahoe bros. put together a 169 titan for me last month and i am in awe at the new perfprmance. the tri- radial sidecut is so responsive and even though it is longer than my previous, it is lighter. i encountered every condition known to man while on our search for schralptown this past month in ak. valdez cursed us with gloomy/foggy days while schralping 2 to 3 ft wet slop next to the port of valdez. We encountered corn, wet pow, chalky pow, and bullet proof boiler plate on turnagain arm. finally after six days on the scandianvian glacier we toured miles all over and schralped epic blower pow on 3500 ft 50degree couloirs!!!! the blahoe bros. have created something that all must check out. thanks to NS for making my trip to alaska that much better!!!!!

schralptowner Mr. Green

YOUR MOM GOES TO SCHRALPTOWN! :shock:

New split NS Titan, a month in AK.......................LUCKYYYYY!

This post is useless without pictures of the new board slaying it in AK.

Get it together jackass.

A new NS split will be my motivator to bust ass on my knee rehab this summer and be ready to play again next winter. Bently, I will be in touch soon to get the ball rolling. Probably a Titan like Shralptowners only not in HOMO-BLUE :wink:

Try tele, abandon my single plank ways, blown knee........UNLUCKYYYYY!

Back to single plank for me.

Over and out,
UB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:30 pm 

hey, how did the touring go across the glacier? i'm cross the juneau icefield this summer and am tossing around the idea of taking a split instead of XC's because there are some virgin narly peaks up there. my problem is the traverse will entail 150 miles plus, with days of 20+ miles, you think that would be doable on a split?