Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eastern Sierra weekend of 4/22
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:17 pm 

I think most of locals have already got tired of all the snow we got this year in the Sierra. But for a gaper like me I'm just started planning to do a trip to Bridgeport next weekend (4/22 to ?). Anybody else feel good about the snow condition and weather? Of course I'm happy to meet up with others further south along 395 if interested. I have a car, basic avy and wilderness first aid training, a splitboard and know how to use it (albeit a bit slow at the transition and putting on skins). I'm hoping to do a over night trip and a day trip if all works out with the timing. I've done a few trips in East side over the last few years (Matterhorn, Bloody Mt...blah blah), so I'm not a gaper really :wink: .
I'll be driving from the Bay area on Friday 4/22, so if anyone wants a ride. I'll be stoked to meet up with others and explore some different areas.
bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:12 pm 

I could be down with that (Matterhorn or something nearby)...

David (fullers2oh) sez he's heading to Baja that weekend so it looks like I will be short a partner for the weekend. Let me know if you don't hear from some Bay Area denizens. There was another guy (Steve Brezovec?) that was interested in doing a trip from the Bay Area, you should track him down too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:51 pm 

ttriche,
I was thinking Virginia Lake and Mammoth area or even further south. I had been to Matterhorn earlier this year, but I like the area anyway so I can easily go back there again.
I 'm planing to drive down there on Friday 4/21 (not 4/22) from the Bay area. By the way, anybody know where to camp around Mammoth? I haven't been back for few years and it seems like there are a lot more people around... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:20 am 

Can't make it, Bobby. I'm dogsitting this weekend, so I hafta stay local.