Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you have any old Burton interfaces?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:17 pm 

As you can see, one of the climbing bars and the plastic piece that holds it onto the interface are missing.

I'd be happy to pay $50 plus shipping for a pair of Burton interfaces.

If you have only one, I'll pay $30 plus shipping.

Your help is very much appreciated,

Dan

P.S. I've called Burton and they're all out of interfaces for their old splitboards. The product breaks under normal use and they can't replace the broken part?

Post subject: Burton interface
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:44 am 

Hi Dan,
What a bummer. Sorry I can't help you, but have a related question. I'm in a similar dilemma in that I have Burton interfaces still in good shape but am looking for a binding that I can use with a hard boot, and Burton doesn't make the bindings to go with this interface anymore, obviously, either! And most other hard boot bindings out there don't work with this interface, apparently.
Have you ever used a hard boot with your burton splitboard and if so what binding did you use?

Thanks!
Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm 

Huh? There were no bindings that were "made" for this interface. Any binding that works with a standard 3 or 4 hole pattern should work.

Dan, I *might* have a climbing bar I can salvage off of a scrap interface that I keep around for just such occasions. I know Burton used to have spare climbing bars, because the same thing happened to me and they sent out just the bar and plastic piece, free of charge (no BS about having to buy an entire interface). I wonder if they really are completely out of parts, or if you just need to talk to the right person?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:24 pm 

My sincere thanks if you can find one and even just for looking.

Also, Colleen, I've never used a hardboot with my board and I've never seen a hardboot specific interface but you might want to start a new thread as there might be someone on this forum who has a hardboot interface they'd be willing to part with if one exists.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:25 pm 

You can email me directly at c88gthdr@sbcglobal.net if you have a spare climbing bar or interface that you can send me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:47 pm 

Dan,
I have a pair of spare Burton interface (old style like yours). HOWEVER, they're in my brother's garage (he lives 4 hours from me). If you don't need them right away, I can send them to you next month. Sorry, of course you want them ASAP. So my suggestion is to convert your interface to Voile's. Few people on this site have done it, me included (that's why I have a pair of spare Burton interface). See Gear review under Burton. And also other threads that talk about converting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:43 am 

Yes I would like them ASAP - especially since this is prime splitting season. However, I've not found anyone else who has them, with the possible exception of jimw, so if I don't find any within the month I'll drop you a line. If you send your email addy, I can let you know I want them.

Thanks!

Dan

BTW, I thought about converting to the Voile interface but that's a lot of money I don't have right now. Also, I have neither a drill, nor a saw, and I'm not at all handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:16 pm 

Come to splitfest and I'll hand them to you :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:12 pm 

Dan, I do have an extra climbing bar assembly. PM me your address and I'll send it out. It's a little bent but it works fine. Maybe you can send it back to me when you get the other interfaces from boppingshoe (no doubt I'll need it again sometime).

Utahgirl, if your interfaces are still unclaimed at splitfest, I'll take 'em. I'll be there Fri-Sun. I have a beer reserved for you (none of that 3.2 stuff)! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:23 pm 

When and where is splitfest?

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:35 pm 

Where you been man? :) It's this weekend in the Wasatch.

http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1920

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:32 am 

MMMmmmmmmm. Beeeeeerrrr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:06 pm 

Dan -
I found some Burton hard boot bindings on EBay (the ones that Burton no longer makes) so I lucked out. Thanks for the suggestions though!
Colleen

PS Utahgirl - pleased to see you on the forum, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only female on here!