Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:19 am 

p420 I pm'd you thinking the splitfest was this weekend, oops. the good maps for the wasatch are avail at alpentech.net. you really want map 1 maybe 2 they have the bread and butter of the wasatch. Mountains are loading up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:21 pm 

P420- Since you'll be staying in West Valley, there's a dive right by where I live called Q4U, and they've been voted in the top 10 in the US for BBQ. Highly recommended. Or the trendier Sugarhouse area has Sugarhouse BBQ, also good.

(801) 973-8622
www.voile-usa.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:58 am 

Thank you my friend. I suspect by thursday night I will be smimming in smoke, sauce and ribs. I love road trips. ( Alot of you may think Im crazy, but as an ex-patriated Texan I live in a barbque void here in San Diego. Their Idea of a barbque here is a freaking weenie roast, so thats why Im seeking the perfect rib joint. As I go out into "Real America" I like to get in touch with my roots so to speak) As a matter of fact I have been scrathing my head trying to figure out how I could get my smoker, 20 pounds of charcol and 20 racks of babybacks into the BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:26 am 

patroller420 wrote:
As a matter of fact I have been scrathing my head trying to figure out how I could get my smoker, 20 pounds of charcol and 20 racks of babybacks into the BC
Think large sled! As long as YOU pull it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:38 pm 

I'll be doing a tour friday. Tentative plan will be to meet at the mouth of Big Cottonwood at 8. Length and difficult depends on conditions and group but I'd plan on a moderately big day. I'd prefer a max group size of about 6 and everyone should be comfortable in ave terrain and have beacons, shovel, and probe. Contact me at pdd at multiaxialsolutions dot com if you are interested for more details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:14 pm 

I will be in attendance, also.
Hafta give a talk and will likely be leading a tour or two.
The information on home base is hot linked. Hoped they saved me a cot or space on the floor.
Two years ago was great fun. This year should be a repeat and the snow is currently shaping up nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:22 pm 

Just got my last-minute plane ticket... woohoo! See y'all next week. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:21 pm 

So ill be staying in "The Canyons Resort" which is Park City i beleive....

Is there a bus that will get me into LCC or BCC!?

How the hell am i gonna do this?

Any help would be great as i have no fucking clue!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:17 pm 

I think the only way to get from the Canyons to bcc/lcc is via car or several hour skin up/ride down (add another hour or 2 to get to LCC). No UTA bus service, although there might a Canyon Transport shuttle van going from the Canyons to the BCC and LCC resorts. Easiest will be to rent a car. It is an hour or so drive to the top of either canyon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:38 pm 

is there anyone interested in going from park city to tour on sunday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:36 pm 

Affix, not the easiest thing to do. There is a company at www.canyonhop.com that goes from the canyons to brighton for 36 round trip but it is a shared ride that leaves the canyons at 8 and takes you back at 4. That would put you at brighton around 9am. Any trans company would pick you up in a van and take you to the other canyons but Big $, like maybe 90 for mandatory round trip. The most workable solution, other than a P.C. local volunteering would be to take an early 6 or 7 am shuttle like "park city transportation" or "all resort transportation" that is a shared ride to the airport and have them drop you off at the UTA bus stop at 3900 south and wasatch Blvd where you can grab a bus ride up the canyons for 3 bucks. The van would probably cost 20 to 25 depending on their mood.
You can ride off the backside of park city or the canyons and get to big cottonwood easy but it would not get you there very early and may be a bit disorienting if it is snowing/cloudy which looks like the case that weekend. I'd try to find a space at the lodge for fri/sat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:55 am 

I don't think Im going to be able to make Friday night. Are there plans for Sat night? I could lead a tour for dog folks on Sunday.

Post subject: To: Affix Snow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:06 pm 

By the way, to Affix, I don't know that I would reccommend touring from the Canyons to BCC by yourself or without a local. It's definitely very doable, but you could also get lost pretty easily and end up in Mill Creek Canyon - which would make you ah, very late.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next