Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Mt.Rose's new dog-in-car policy

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 pm 

Zach - did you see my new signature. Especially for you, my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:43 pm 

You win... I can't place it.....

Does it have something to do with eating sushi and not paying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:58 pm 

You Bet We've Got Something Personal Against You!

You don't have anything personal against me do you? You bet I've got something personal against you! We know You stole our song You were there Every touch in wrong You were there Fuckin' wrote it all down You invent Everything you've done Now you bet that I've got something personal against you! You deny All the sleaze and graffiti You inflect You look from our path It's minus and you're impossible laps We know What you've been lyin' about Now you bet that I've got something personal against you! You deny Sitting at the corner You die But the love of your own You've got Nowhere to go but down.

and another good song

Wasted

I was so wasted I was a hippie I was a burnout I was a dropout I was out of my head I was a surfer I had a skateboard I was so heavy man, I lived on the strand I was so wasted I was so fucked up I was so messed up I was so screwed up I was out of my head I was so jacked up I was so drunk up I was so knocked out, I was out of my head I was so wasted I was wasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:12 pm 

Hey buddy, watch the thread drift, huh? This is a serious discussion directly related to splitboarding!

Help, I'm swimming in a sea of off-topic crap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:55 pm 

That's it...

No TV part tonight :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:31 am 

Zach:

The assumption of privacy when it comes to certain substances unfortunately ends if the item is in plain sight. Typically a police officer can search your car under these circumstances:
1. You consent
2. They arrest you and you were in your car (can search premises where arrest occurred)
3. They have a warrant.

The other situation is if the item in question is in plain sight. Hard to hide a dog.

I'm not sure if this applies to the towing situation, but I would bet that property rights would be supreme in this case (at least in a judge's mind), and that they would allow a resort to dictate what transpires in their parking lot, no matter how arcane it is.

Sorry to hear about the policy though....usurpation of interesting local areas like this one seemed to be is a sad commentary on our world, and it makes riding at resorts less fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:15 pm 

that's like telling ted nugent his crossbow isn't considered alpine equipment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:38 pm 

That's like telling Ted Nugent to play Stranglehold on the piano.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:37 pm 

I parked my car right at the entrance to Mt.Blows today to access the nearby BC. My dog came with me, but I left a semi-realistic stuffed German Shepard in the back peering out the window. No incident. Next time I do that I'll call in a dog complaint. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:38 pm 

Heh heh heh...

Post subject: Dog poop...Car ornaments
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:18 pm 

This is my first attempt at replying on anything here , but the fact is that we bring our dogs everywhere we go.Especially if we are hiking and sliding around on the snow. The problem that I see is that rarely do the people who see those dogs in those cars or around the lot at MTR know why the %^&* they are there in the first place, and so that means they really do not understand what kind of other people are at the ski area as well.....While I was out on Incline Pk. The other day a bunch of overweight beer drinking snowmobilers were saying "oh isn t that cute...." watching my 3 dogs coming down the mountain....Man ...help me out here...I want a refund too ....Changing rule s mid season... what kind of
#$%^ is that ?

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:38 am 

Word is that Mt.Rose is not inforcing this new dog policy. An employee told me that one of the bigshots there brings his dog and he (the dog) is the one pooping near the deck. I put my kids in lessons there on Sunday and saw several dogs, heard a dog or two barking, and there was even a puppy tied to a demo van near the ticket booth. My dog behaved as usual without incident.

Now not only do I not respect them for this stupid draconian non-policy, but I have even lost respect in the management for there lack of follow-through. Or did they even intend to enforce it? Bogus. Or did public pressure make a difference? I dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:10 pm 

knucklesplitter wrote:
...one of the bigshots there brings his dog and he (the dog) is the one pooping near the deck...

Ain't that always the way. Some other bigwig probably stepped in it and thus a new policy was born...