I'll post more later, but impressions from their maiden voyage. Conditions were 2' powder, with some various crusts and debris here and there.
- not to heavy. ~7 lbs/pair.
- very nice walk mode. Skinning in walk mode is nice, but at times I locked them for better edge control. I made the mistake of trying to ski a little bit in walk mode--I don't recommend that.
- plastic tonque piece seems a little flimsy. Since this is a major contributor to forward stiffness, you'll like it if you want forward flex, and will be wary if you want lots of stiffness.
- when locked down maximally, still some noticable forward flex. When the cuff is cranked down, the boot shell itself flexes a bit around the ankle (but not a lot).
- I bought size 27.0 with G-fit liners. I wear U.S. 9.5, and my feet measure closer to 27.0 than 27.5 on the foot-measurer. The boots feel like I could have gone with 26.5 for a tight "performance" fit, although my toes are already pretty snug. (I'm used to tight footwear.)
- Works well in the Voile mountain plate binding.
_________________ Me llaman el desaparecido
que cuando llega ya se ha ido
volando vengo volando voy
de prisa de prisa rumbo perdido