Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: what the deal with splitfest
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:06 am 

so i heard that the lodging/venue options for splitfest 06 have changed...whats the word on that, Barney?

scott

Post subject: carpool from n.w.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:53 pm 

i live in eugene or. and would love to find someone to carpool with.ssattler,if it seems out of the way i would be willing to kick down with plenty of gas $. i could also hook up with free lodging and sweet bc. in idaho if you have extra time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:21 am 

So how will this work, riding wise..as ive never been. Will there be certain tours or just a thrown together "Hey lets go here" type of thing?

How has it worked in the past?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:43 am 

affix snow wrote:

Last year people just kinda formed groups and all made sure no one got left behind.

There were no "official" Splitboard Festival tours, obviously.

Some groups got bigger than others. I think the tour that went to Basin Peak holds the record for most splitters EVER on one tour. I think it started with eighteen or something like that--including Zellers and Burt :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:28 am 

Ecobrad wrote:
affix snow wrote:

Last year people just kinda formed groups and all made sure no one got left behind.

There were no "official" Splitboard Festival tours, obviously.

Some groups got bigger than others. I think the tour that went to Basin Peak holds the record for most splitters EVER on one tour. I think it started with eighteen or something like that--including Zellers and Burt :D .

Sounds good to me.

What time do people ususally assmble?

I guess there will be more to follow the closer we get....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:40 am 

It'll be mellow. I'm bummed I can't make it this year--It right in the middle of several commitments. :cry:

Tear it up for me. 8)

PS Stash a few good beers in your luggage.

Post subject: Splitfest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:29 pm 

The Wasatch Mountain Club has repaired their plumbing, so the event is back on at the Club! :D

Plan on being at the club Friday and Saturday evenings at 7 PM for our evening events. All details about tours will be announced Friday evening, so don't miss out. Our groups will have limits on the number of people for safety reasons, so we won't be breaking any "most splitboarders on one tour" records. We will have various locals who plan on touring, and splitters are welcome to join in on the fun, however they are not guides and each person is responsible for their own safety. Beacons, shovels, probes etc, are all mandatory.

Look forward to meeting and splitting with everyone!!! 8)

(801) 973-8622
www.voile-usa.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:24 pm 

Any chance I can sleep in my car and not get hassled? I don't like to pay for camping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 pm 

Great, now where do we meet up on Friday morning?? And does anyone know of a cheap place to stay on Thursday evening that's close by?

Post subject: Re: Splitfest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:30 pm 

dj barney wrote:
Our groups will have limits on the number of people for safety reasons, so we won't be breaking any "most splitboarders on one tour" records.

No one intended to break in any records last year either. Since there wasn't a tour organizer to keep groups to the manageable 4-7 person range, when a bunch of unaccounted for locals showed up Sat. morning ready to ride-the Basin Peak group evolved into "the biggest split tour ever". Several small groups ended up breaking off so it didn't turn out too bad.

dj barney wrote:
All details about tours will be announced Friday evening.

Sounds like there will be a little more unofficial organization this year. Probably won't hurt.

Once again, super bummed I won't be able to make it. :cry: Make some turns and party down for me. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:46 am 

I was thinking that I was going to be able to make this. Except that I have heard dogs are not allowed in the Cottonwoods, and I think that is where the bc action was planned. Is this the case or are pooches welcome. My bc partner is going to be very upset with me if I leave him out on another trip... :?:

Post subject: Re: Splitfest
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:50 am 

dj barney wrote:
All details about tours will be announced Friday evening, so don't miss out. Our groups will have limits on the number of people for safety reasons, so we won't be breaking any "most splitboarders on one tour" records. We will have various locals who plan on touring, and splitters are welcome to join in on the fun, however they are not guides and each person is responsible for their own safety. Beacons, shovels, probes etc, are all mandatory.

Look forward to meeting and splitting with everyone!!! 8)

OKAY. Should i not be able to make Friday night, ill try and just show up saturday morning, early, and tag along....cool?

Post subject: visiting UT for the splitfest
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:40 pm 

Hey splitters,
I'm coming into SLC from CO for the splitfest on Thursday night, March16. I'd appreciate any help that can be offered getting from the airport that evening. In addition, I'm on the lookout for sleeping space that night. I'm planning on staying at the Wasatch Backcountry Club Fri and Sat nights.
send me a note: aafmiller@yahoo.com or give a call: 303 359-2670.
Thanks.
Aaron

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next