Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intuition Liners
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 pm 

Alright all, I need some advice on which liners to get. I've been battling capsulitis in one of my feet for about a month now and it has nearly incapacitated me. Walking is difficult, touring is completely out of the question until it clears up. I get RX orthotics today and will be getting an intraarticular cortisone injection in a week. This has motivated me to really get a better liner/footbed system, thus I have a couple questions.

I want to get intuition liners but have no idea which model to get. I'm deciding between the pro tour, the alpine, the powerwrap and the pro wrap. I'm looking for a little added warmth as the montana cold tends to wreak havoc on the capillaries in your toes but mainly want something more supportive and higher quality than my current liners. The liners need to fit in my current 32's and the fitwells I hope to pick up for next year, though I don't think that will really be a problem.

Anyone have any advice/comments in regards to the intuition liners? Have you used them? Which ones? Reviews?

Also, how do you decide what thickness? There are so many models and options I'm having trouble deciding on the "right" liner. Any input is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Intuition Liners
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 am 

32 uses Intuition liners in some of their boots, so a simple email with you current boots and intended use will probably get you a reply from them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 am 

I just got intuition luxury liners for my fitwells and love them so far. Russman uses them too and I think he swears by them. I have a collapsed arch on my right foot and while I still had some foot pain it was a lot less with these. And my shin rubbing problems with my other liners completely vanished. I never even bothered heat molding them...I never do. They're tall liners and add forward lean to your boots so some people might not like that for skinning. I've noticed if you just lace the liners loose on the up it's not that noticeable. One problem I had was I just bought some $70 insoles and they're too tight in my intiutions yet they work fine in my K2 T1 intiution liners. I think I need to just get some custom orthodic arch beds made.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am 

I got my orthotics yesterday and can already tell they will be a staple in any active footwear I use for as long as I have them. Pricey but worth the $. Leaning towards the pro tour intuitions but not sure yet...