Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prowder?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:26 pm 

1.: As mentioned before. metal on metal connection.
RE: The spark bindings we used in most of our testing show minimal wear from the metal on metal connection. The most noticeable wear was from the sliding on and off of the Saddles. The Spark and Voile bindings we used received most of the wear from our prototypes not having the correct tolerances and edges that weren't deburred. After we dialed in the top portion of the saddle we have not seen the wearing of the material. In wet and icy conditions the Binding Saddles slide on effortlessly.

2.: weight.
RE: The set (of 4) is weighing in around 12oz with all the mounting hardware A lighter set with a higher price point is being tested this year and if all goes well it will be released next season.

I got my hands on the Tesla system last night and saw a issue with the tolerance of the Saddles. What I saw was .5mm of material hitting the small rivet on the left inside of the Tesla binding. This is a easy fix in our shop to solve. I have modified a saddle set to account for this and plan to test it during the on snow demo after SIA.
The guys at Friends of Berthoud Pass put on a great presentation last night! If you haven't checked out Oz snowboards I highly suggest you look them up. They hosted the event last night and I was able to check out their shop and boards for the first time. They had some beautiful high quality eco-friendly boards that I cant wait to try out!
I will be at SIA on Friday and Saturday. If you want to check out the system give me a ring 303-601-7890
Cheers!
Kevin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm 

I am glad you liked the presentation! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:26 pm 

I ordered saddles.

I will report back here after I abuse them some.

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:59 pm 

Ha, my order number is 22! Awesome. Without much debating I ordered a set of Hoss Hooks. Heck $8.50, didn't even think twice! I used to always have trouble with plastic tip clips and use a selfmade cord hook on mine for years. Works well, but is a little bit of a pain.

These look like they could be an improvement for one piece of the puzzle that has never seen any (as far as I know). Thx for innovating!

On a different note. Kevin your videos on your site are strange man. Although it's fun to see someone shredding the park on a level I was on at the height of my freestyle career, in other words like 15 years ago ;) it doesn't add any value to represent your product and it doesn't speak to your target group.

The same goes for your product clip. It would add credibility if that board actually had touring brackets and heel risers on it, so we can see that you actually walked up the mountain on that thing :), a fact that should be a given and wouldn't even register. But the fact that it doesn't does register and not in a positive way ;)

You probably spent more time developing your stuff than your site, which is cool! So take this as friendly advice!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 pm 

Update:
Our manufacture ran into some snags which delayed the delivery of our first production run. We have received all of our parts and we are in the process of assembly. We have our initial orders assembled.

We have been testing our solutions to the Tesla issue we came across. We have modified all of the first run production Saddles to work with the Tesla interface. No more issues have surfaced and we are ready to release the Interface. We have also been testing the new Voile Light Rail and K2 Kwicker system using the saddles, no issues have been discovered during the testing with Voile and K2 products.

Shipping will commence on Monday the 17th.

We have also been very busy testing our 2015 products, you will all be amazed with our future concepts.

Be carful over the next few weeks!
Cheers!
Kevin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:46 am 

This thread should be in the binding section. I just ordered the whole kit to convert my diy Rossi, i'm hoping to stiffen up the tip and tail connections (do they come with a template?). <Great use of puncuation huh! Looking forward to shopping for a solid to send Prowder next season if this kit susses out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm 

Sick! Just checked out this thread! Hooray for innovation and dudes maken it happen for the shred! Definitly like seeing dudes put the gear to abuse! Would like to see this product in person... Hopefully Prowder will be present at one of the Cali splitfests?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:03 pm 

Thanks for the update Kevin, saves me emailing you :thumpsup:

Look forward to testing these out on some Scottish Munroes!

Cheers

George

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:50 pm 

Just got my binding saddles today. Anyone else? As suggestion, I think the picture that HansGludwig posted on the 1st page of this thread should be displayed on the website as a reference to assemble the saddles. The other pics on the website are too small. Hopefully I can test these out soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:16 pm 

nwboarder82 wrote:
The other pics on the website are too small.

They are actually huge, but the window that opens when you click 'larger image' are tiny.
Click maximize (that square symbol next to the close x ;) and they get huge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:45 pm 

schwalbster wrote:
nwboarder82 wrote:
The other pics on the website are too small.

They are actually huge, but the window that opens when you click 'larger image' are tiny.
Click maximize (that square symbol next to the close x ;) and they get huge.

Thanks, I retract my suggestion then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm 

I will post a quick informative video for install on all systems this week.

The Tesla issue has been a huge headache for production and shipping. The tesla system is a wonderful product! I had a chance over the last few weeks to use and ride it in summit county and I am very impressed with the design, engineering and overall function of the product. I commend the guys at Spark on this amazing system!
The Tesla system is so tight on our Saddles we had to remove a small amount of material from both sides to get it to slide on. This problem also exists with use on the plastic pucks. Sometimes you can slide it on and off multiple times to wear the plastic down until a smooth slide is achieved, sometimes you have to remove the plastic material from the pucks with sandpaper or a file. I have heard this from multiple shops and its not just a problem I discovered. A tight connection is key so I can understand the reasoning behind the tolerance. The issue now is what is the standard puck size? I see the trend going toward the Tesla interface. Some shops I have talked to are only using the new interface. The saddles I used for the testing with the tesla fit tight. My 1st and second generation burners were loose. I did test ways to solve this issue and tighten the connection.

The first shipment Prowder shipped out were all modified for the tesla tolerance issue. Prowder will offer customers two options. A Saddle meeting the standard puck size, or a Saddle meeting the Tesla system. If you find the saddle loose because of the Tesla modifications we will replace it at no cost for a standard size.
If you have any questions please email Prowder at: sales@prowder.com.

~Kevin Clark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:49 pm 

Steel/alloy interface. Fail

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next