Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vancouver Island splitters?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:34 pm 

If only there was snow on the Horizon.... next two weeks look like more sunshine and warm temperatures.

I was at Heather Mountain yesterday and the snow line was high and there was little at the summit. Not good for much. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:50 pm 

GoatBilly wrote:
Maybe time to revive this thing?!?

The snow hasn't started yet :(

Surfs up though!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 am 

Backcountry360 wrote:
Hi Ray,
We actually never met, but my wife bought a splitboard from you last year for my birthday. I had meant to contact you much earlier but things never lined up. I have been traveling and riding in the backcountry all over BC for some years now, but until I got my splitboard I never knew how great it was. I really have not met anybody into this kind of riding on the Island and there are so many places I want to hit. I live in Ladysmith, so Mount Hall works out to be my quick go to place, maybe actually not so quick of an approach, but I really could use a partner for most of the places I actually want to go to. Anyway, if your are interested in getting out at some point I get Sundays and Mondays off. I have all my avalanche gears and know how to use them. Send me a email or post something here if you want.

Take Care
Matt
skasnow@hotmail.com

Hey, I dont really log on here much any more.
I wish we could get out, the latest snow forcast is calling for no snow and as high as 10* in the mountains. Ive turned efforts into finding potentional lines. I might head up mt. landale this coming weekend to take a look at the turrain if you want to come along.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 pm 

Hey Ray,
I just happened to find you on here, so maybe you can let me know how to best get a hold of you in the future. You are right, the forecast is not in our favor. I somehow managed to get up Becher last weekend and the condition were.....in no condition. I've sure thought about taking a trip off the Island. I think scoping out line on Landale sounds like a good thing to do, I'm busy this weekend but probably can make it happen the following weekend or something.

Take care

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:04 pm 

Backcountry360 wrote:
Hey Ray,
I just happened to find you on here, so maybe you can let me know how to best get a hold of you in the future. You are right, the forecast is not in our favor. I somehow managed to get up Becher last weekend and the condition were.....in no condition. I've sure thought about taking a trip off the Island. I think scoping out line on Landale sounds like a good thing to do, I'm busy this weekend but probably can make it happen the following weekend or something.

Take care

Best off the PM me, I will be on here a bit more then normal. I havent even waxed my board yet this year, I guess I should get on it. But Im headding up copper canyon this weekend, I'll take a look at the snow line. I know the lines Im thining of are E/NE facing in tight valleys so not much sun, they might have some snow in them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 pm 

Any of you boys want to head out to the arrowsmith area this weekend to check things out?

Could even check out landale is things atabalise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 pm 

Hey Ray,
I'm thinking things might be looking a lot better in the mountains after this week.....hopefully. Any chance you're free for Monday. I might be free on Saturday, but I don't know for sure. I ended up going to Lomas Lake last week, there was no real snow until the 1200m elevation. Did you make it thru the copper canyon gate last time you mentioned checking out Landale. Anyway let me know if we can make something happen. The Arrowsmith/Coppley area sounds pretty good to check out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 am 

Backcountry360 wrote:
Hey Ray,
I'm thinking things might be looking a lot better in the mountains after this week.....hopefully. Any chance you're free for Monday. I might be free on Saturday, but I don't know for sure. I ended up going to Lomas Lake last week, there was no real snow until the 1200m elevation. Did you make it thru the copper canyon gate last time you mentioned checking out Landale. Anyway let me know if we can make something happen. The Arrowsmith/Coppley area sounds pretty good to check out.

Never ended up heading out. I got caught up in buliding my new Grand Cherokee and I'm also rebuliding my boat.
landale and el capitan are the mountains above lomas lake, Whymper is on the other side of the valley to the eastish. I know the trails around the gate and have a very capable jeep so getting into the canyon isnt really that big of a deal.

I've also got my eye on a few other lines in the green mt area, and I was up shaw creek last week and spotted a few potentional lines up both east and west shaw.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 am 

Anyone interested in Heather Mountain or trying something up the little shaw Main tomorrow?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:45 pm 

GoatBilly wrote:
Anyone interested in Heather Mountain or trying something up the little shaw Main tomorrow?

little shaw and heather might not be a good idea yet. no base up there whats so ever as of last weekend. however, with that said, I might be able to go, its just up the road from me. PM you with my number.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:13 pm 

Anyone want to head out this weekend?