Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:11 am 

Just got to Portland! Will be here for the next two months at least.

Was thinking about heading out on a super mellow tour this week (any day is good for me, itching to get out so will probably go tomorrow) and do Glade or Alpine Trail up to Timberline. Let me know if anyone wants to tag along or hit up somewhere else.

My schedule is super flexible while I'm out here and I'm always up for heading out, definitely shoot me a message if you're in the area and looking for splitting partners.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm 

Anyone going up tommorow?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:56 am 

I'm out of commission for the next couple of days, but I'll be looking to do a mellow tour by Friday when (hopefully) I'll be of a bit more robust health. Was thinking of seeing if the mini-golf lines around Bennett Pass were filled in yet. Could be a nice little meet-n-surf for anyone else interested, Cole and Newbie I know you guys were talking about something similar. I'm new to the area myself in the last couple of months and have been getting the lay of the land before reaching out.

Been curious about checking out Zig-Zag canyon ... maybe next week if anyone was interested in a little exploration if the conditions are right.

Any other ideas, please hit me up, I'd love to hang, hike, and ride.

The snow that came down last night is the softest-lightest stuff I've seen since getting here in December. Not complaining about winter to date, just really appreciating where's it's getting to now :guinness:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:30 am 

Ya I am up for anything up till Sunday. My number is 5412819332, names Jordan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:33 pm 

I went up and skinned up Glade Trail to Timberline lodge today, was a really tame easy tour but fun.

Not worthy of a trip report, but if anyone is new to the PDX area like me, or new to splitboarding it's a good place to get out safely. No avalanche danger, idiotproof routefinding, etc. It was 1h20m from SE Portland to the trailhead in Gov Camp, and with a beer break at the lodge the tour took about 2.5hrs round trip.

Mt Hood on the drive down

The trailhead. There were some obvious parking spots, but this no parking sign near them... Something to take seriously? I went ahead and parked in town and walked up (took about 15 minutes, and could ride all the way down to the car).

Low angle, but really nice snow.

Nomnomnom

Mandatory selfie

I am headed out of town Fri-Sun but am down to go out tomorrow or any time after the weekend. Looks like some snow is on its way!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am 

Sent PMs to a few of you. Going to be in town for the weekend, looking to see the top of Hood and of course do some riding back down. Available Friday night until Sunday morning. Currently no set plan other than head to the south side of the mountain and get busy. Open to any other plan, hit me up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm 

hallo everyone,
i am leaving banff today because there is no snow to see a friend in portland. I didn't plan on touring there but i was quite surprised to see that there's gone be some snow in the forecast.
I have time next week and would love to explore the oregon mountains.
pm me if you have the same in mind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 pm 

Had a good time today getting an easy lap in on Alpine Trail with Jordan (Newbie in PDX) while some fresh started coming down. Looks like some great snow on the way! I'm headed out of town until Sunday afternoon but am down for anything next week -- forju, would definitely enjoy meeting up, let me know if you had anything in mind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:24 pm 

I took my mt bike for some freshies in forest park today, but I'd like to head up to the mountains tomorrow. Anybody headed out? I'd rather not drive my car up, but I probably could if I had to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:12 am 

Happy to report really good 12-18 inches of dry, light stable powder at pea gravel. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 pm 

It was not so much today. The snow was super heavy and made turning nearly impossible. Some skier was ballsy enough to ride the open slopes and trigger a slide. Might want to wait awhile for the snow to improve. On the brightside, it looks like they're getting ready to put the cat track in. We saw a pile of snow sitting by the first creek crossing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:19 pm 

Ullr has returned!

Riding Meadows 3-9, Monday, Leaving PDX noonish..... it's $15! Riders on the Storm :thumpsup:

Touring Wednesday and Friday. Time and Location TBD

Might do a mountain play day this weekend with the shorties... the more, the merrier

PM if interested.

Safe Travels, CR :doobie:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 pm 

I'm headed up to Portland this weekend from Norcal and was hoping to sneak in a day of splitboarding on the way up or down. Any decent, pretty mellow(going to be going solo and just want to be safe) relatively close to Portland or in close proximity to the 5 or 97 headed south?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next