Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prowder?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 am 

HansGLudwig wrote:
I think you can make micro adjustments in stance. There is a track in the triangle which allows you to move it fore and aft ≈ 1"

unless the triangle is slotted beyond what the straight edge on the screen would allow you to believe, it does look like you would have a little play fore and aft to adjust stance width. May be a 1/4 to 1/2" at most. Some boards do have inserts placed closer together at the half point increments already and that's where the micro adjustments aren't as critical. My Salomon DIY is a prime example of that, but most boards don't have this.

HansGLudwig wrote:
Non-standardized side to side hole spacing is irrelevant b/c the U attaches to the slider in a track, allowing for adjustment. I just don't understand why they have four threaded holes for each U.

I did miss the slot detail. With so many threaded holes, I didn't notice the slot. Of course I probably should've looked at it on my computer screen instead of my phone. Oops.

I understand lacking washers to minimize binding height off the deck and wouldn't worry about it too much. If you used the right thread locker and the hardware was tight enough to not allow screw head slippage then you can get away without washers. If not then you run the risk of significant damage and allow slop.

How much does it all weight?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:38 pm 

Rughty (metal on metal was my main concern as well/icing) but bike chains take a hell of alot of a abuse and work just fine. Maybe these would need to be changed every couple of years? The main reason that i would be interested in this system is because it uses existing holes on solid boards and it’s adjustable apparently. Stainless has got to weigh more than voiles plastic pucks but i'm still 190 so i could lose a few pounds myself. I'm sure there will be benefits and drawback just like all other products. Great to see yet another system to choose from I commend Prowder on their foray into the split world. :thumbsup:
I'm going to give the Saddle system a try so i'll let you know in a few months how it shakes out.
Next year if i come across a good deal on a solid i might spring for the whole package and have them split it, inlay edge (whole nine yards). I'm due for new skins and poles(it's been 5 years).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 am 

Prowder.com says:

"The Saddle can rotate both directions up to 25deg & 45deg with minor modifications."

Can Prowder please explain those "minor modifications" here and post images demonstrating them?

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:13 pm 

We spoke with him a week or so ago and are gonna get a pair or two in to test out as soon as he has some available. Next time we hear from him ill mention the thread on here for some feedback

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:30 am 

Will this system work with Tesla bindings or only the pin? Not sure why it wouldn't?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:23 pm 

I emailed Prowder last week with a link to this forum asking them to answer questions here.

No dice, obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 pm 

Be calm young grasshoppers

All will be revealed soon!

more options than fingers to count on these day!

+61 (0)413 888 115
http://www.firstlightsnowboards.com.au http://www.splitfest.com.au http://www.splitfests.com http://www.mrbc.com http://www.backcountryglobal.com
Sydney - Nowra - Jindabyne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 pm 

My name is Kevin and I am the founder of Prowder. I want to say thank you for all the positive comments and support during our product launch. I have been very busy and haven't had time to address the questions posted on this thread. We are putting together a video and picture series on the Prowder interface to show the capabilities and function of the system. I will post links when we are finished. We should have reviews in regards to the Tesla system next week. If you have any questions I am happy to answer them here or via email, sales@prowder.com We are picking up our first order on 1/30/14 from our manufacture and should have it fully assembled and ready to ship by 2/5/14. We have more amazing products in development all engrained with our core philosophy: low prices, well-engineered products, superior materials and innovative design engineering.
Cheers!
Kevin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 pm 

Thanks, Kevin.

Post subject: Weight & Metal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:34 am 

Nice work there prowder!!

My biggest concerns are:

1.: As mentioned before. matal on metal connection. probably not as critical, but there is a reason not to use the aluminium light pins from Spark with the steel Voilé touring brackets.

In the long run aluminium wil always loose against the steel. So will there be any wear on the alu bindings or slider tracks?

2.: weight. how much more compared to the Voilé pucks?

Otherwise, nich work guys, keep it up :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 am 

I got some hands on with Kevin's system last night at the FOBP presentation at Oz last night. It was also a fundraiser in memory of George Dirth and Kevin had donated a Prowder interface for the silent auction.

My thoughts are. Damn it is a tight fit. Really tight.

What shined the most at first glance? The tip/tail clips aka Hoss Hooks I have to say that these appear to be a significant improvement. They lock in absolutely solid. I may just order a set for my Prospector.

The Saddles. These were pretty minimal size wise. Looks like Kevin used as little material and he could with them. Very tight fit to the slider tracks. Which did create a problem for the Tesla system. Adam's Magnetos would not slide on the track due to the inner pin rubbing up against the saddle. It was just barely enough to block the binding from sliding on. Maybe a millimeter. Kevin seemed to think he had an easy solution to make them work with the Tesla system. If you ordered any saddles to use with the new Spark system, I would shoot him an email so that he knows to make sure your plates work with it.

The Saddles also look to be about the same weight as pucks, possibly lighter. There just is not a lot there. They were on a board so I was not able to pick them up and feel the weight.

Cowboy clips. I am on the fence on this one. Again, a very tight connection. That part looks plenty solid. I not sure on the retractable sliders to get the hooks out of the way. They work fine in the shop. In the field could icing be a problem? I don't know.

Overall, this looks to be a pretty fine entry to the splitboard interface world. More than reasonably priced. I would go on to say that it is under priced. If this takes off, you can bet that prices will go up. No way you can put that amount of time, effort, and expenses into this and not be expected to reap a reasonable profit from your work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 am 

Thanks for the review, does it look like you can replace your old tip and tail clips with the (rodeo whatever clips) I'm interested in converting to those and the saddles. I may just do the tip and tail connections first and wait on the saddles. I like my Voile ying-yangs and don't see changing those out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:04 pm 

Yes, you can replace your tip/tail clips with the Hoss Hooks. Out of everything in this new system, I am now thinking that these might be the most significant improvement. Probably going to put an order in shortly for them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next