Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: BOOTS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:50 am 

Time to refresh this thread. Let's hear some updated soft boot recommendations! Please?!?
I want to try something different after 3 seasons of Malamutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:40 pm 

Like my insanos, they tour really comfortably, i can loosen the boa system through my pants by pulling on the knobs. The tread has not been an issue for me so far and the boa replacement looks fairly easy. Ridden maybe 40 daze on them and they still tighten to the point of numbness...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 pm 

Zude wrote:
Like my insanos, they tour really comfortably, i can loosen the boa system through my pants by pulling on the knobs. The tread has not been an issue for me so far and the boa replacement looks fairly easy. Ridden maybe 40 daze on them and they still tighten to the point of numbness...

Tried those on today, was surprisingly comfortable. First time trying on the double boa, and was quite surprised. I liked em a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:39 pm 

I have also the Insanos but ride them only on my solid yet (because of binding issues on my split). For splitboarding I use my old Flow Rival Boa.
I fell in love with the boa system on my Flows, than I bought the Insanos because of their rigidity, stiffness and the dual boa system. If a boot does not have a top strap like Head 5star or Vans Matlock, the single boa tends to loosen in the top of the boot and tighten the lower parts because of leg movement while riding. This is solved by the dual boa and it is absolutely top comfort to tighten/loosen each part of the boot while skinning or riding just with one twist of a knob.
So I swear by the boa system and there is no way I would go back to lace boots. I didn't like the fast lace systems of Burton or other companies, I think boa is more comfortable/better adjustable on the way and I did not have any problems on any of my boots with the boa system.
The Insanos are pretty good boots, good fit, comfortable, supportive, good liners with good inner tightening system.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:05 pm 

I am loving my Insano's. I really want some info on the Ride Trident's tho. They look pretty sick and even a little stiffer than the Insano's.