Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cheering for CT and Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am
Posts: 224
Did anybody see this? If I could only see the look on the fuckers face after reading this.

http://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/acc/a ... iew=public


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm
Posts: 394
Location: Eugene and Coos Bay, Oregon.
Wow! For so many reasons. That skier is so lucky to be alive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:31 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Easton, WA
Cool

_________________
Chair2BoardSports


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 80
Location: Venice, CA
Nice work! I would like to hear more about this from the Splitter's perspective.

Pray for snow!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:32 am
Posts: 184
Location: Northern NM
Splitinbend wrote:
Did anybody see this? If I could only see the look on the fuckers face after reading this.

http://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/acc/a ... iew=public


:thumpsup:
This is exactly what I thought.

_________________
Venture Zephyr 168/26
furberg 167


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm
Posts: 168
Location: Squamish, BC
buell wrote:
Wow! For so many reasons. That skier is so lucky to be alive.


Word


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm
Posts: 304
Location: kelowna bc canada
"Skied down without skins". Hmm :thumbsup:
David Gottorff is such a douche.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 296
Location: a mile high COLORADO
Well fellas..... that was me! :thumbsup: :thatrocks: :rock: :headbang: And I specifically asked Becs of the CAIC to put that in the report so people like him would start to give us the respect I think we have earned.


I must say- right place, right time.(for me) This was hands down the craziest thing I have ever accomplished.

He was very lucky I had my trusty shovel and was on my game. The one foot of ski pole sticking out very much saved him, since he wasn't wearing a beacon. Digging down to his mouth and chest was a SHIT ton of work. After digging to his hand I felt no return squeeze and became very nervous. Luckily I heard faint panting breaths and this made me work faster, eventually reaching his face and chest area, he came back to color (from the blue of his googles) after clearing his mouth and nose area of snow. He seemed totally out of it and mentioned he thought he was getting close. I estimate total time buried was around ten minutes. ALL in all it couldn't have worked out better, I got some impromptu training practice and he got to live another day!


This has made me reevaluate my riding solo practices, and look at some of my equipment in case this scenario where to happen again, I would be even more ready.


thanks to my avy 1 class this challenge was something I was prepared for. :D

_________________
There's snow somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:40 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Colorado
cometogether wrote:
Well fellas..... that was me! :thumbsup: :thatrocks: :rock: :headbang: And I specifically asked Becs of the CAIC to put that in the report so people like him would start to give us the respect I think we have earned.


I must say- right place, right time.(for me) This was hands down the craziest thing I have ever accomplished.

He was very lucky I had my trusty shovel and was on my game. The one foot of ski pole sticking out very much saved him, since he wasn't wearing a beacon. Digging down to his mouth and chest was a SHIT ton of work. After digging to his hand I felt no return squeeze and became very nervous. Luckily I heard faint panting breaths and this made me work faster, eventually reaching his face and chest area, he came back to color (from the blue of his googles) after clearing his mouth and nose area of snow. He seemed totally out of it and mentioned he thought he was getting close. I estimate total time buried was around ten minutes. ALL in all it couldn't have worked out better, I got some impromptu training practice and he got to live another day!


This has made me reevaluate my riding solo practices, and look at some of my equipment in case this scenario where to happen again, I would be even more ready.


thanks to my avy 1 class this challenge was something I was prepared for. :D


Holly shit what a crazy story! Good job CTG! that guy is lucky to say the least. You are a hero now!

_________________
Fast and Smooth
Riding since "88"
2013 Venture zepher 165-27W
Phantom Alpha's w TLT5s
DIY 168 Skynk Ape, RC
Lib Tech T.Rice 164.5
Spark R&D Afterburner tesla'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:40 pm
Posts: 738
Location: Seattle
Wow, tha guy sure is lucky to be alive and that you were there, otherwise that would have been the end for him.

Crazy story as well. Seemed like you kept your head together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 296
Location: a mile high COLORADO
I have some crazy pics if someone would like to host/post them

_________________
There's snow somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 80
Location: Venice, CA
Here come old flattop! That's awesome Come Together. You're the man!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Laughing at David Gottorff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 am
Posts: 1194
Location: Denver
Nice fucking job CT! Sounds like you got there just in the nick of time!

As far as riding solo, I do it quite a bit. It's just usually a lot mellower as you have to be 100% right, 100% of the time. Luckily this guy was on Loveland and so were you, those odds are super slim and he's lucky as hell. Did you guys self-evac?

_________________
Phantom Bindings
Furberg Split 167
Furberg Freeride Split 164


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], H.R. Flufnstuf and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group