Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Road Trip Beta/Hook Ups CO,WY,UT
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:47 pm 

Finally settled I am coming to USA this year instead of Canada/Japan.
Will be heading to Aspen first off to hang out and get my legs Jan 13-19th,i'm then around until about 17th Feb.
My idea is to rent some wheels and drive to Jackson area and then end up in SLC,i came up with this idea by looking at a map for all of about 5 seconds,what do people think?
I will be on my own this trip and preferably would like to be meeting others to split,but of course will have to visit the legendary Jackson Hole and Targhee.
Is there any other smaller lesser known hills i should hit along the way? any advice from you locals would be great and of course really keen to meet up with any of you guys,i will tell you awesome stories from the high seas on the skin track while you break trail :lol:

Post subject: Re: Road Trip Beta/Hook Ups CO,WY,UT
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:24 pm 

Well there is this and it was a lot of fun last year
http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 am 

I like the sounds of your trip, I'm currently doing something similar so it hits close to home for me. I'm currently in CO but probably won't hang around too long due to lack of partners/impatience. More than likely ill be headed to jackson in the next few days where I know many more people who tour. The snowpack everywhere is poor at best but theres some time, with any luck it will start nuking out and get the season rolling a little better. Any way, a little gem in utah is powder mountain. It has a funky little layout where you can take runs down to roads, back to lifts, kind of like a mixed mtn of in/out of bounds and the crowds are not very big. I've spent 4 years touring in Utah so if we happen to be there at the same time ill go out on an adventure. Shoot me a pm and let me know. :thatrocks:

162 never summer DIY
Karakoram SL's

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:16 am 

Will be heading to Aspen first off to hang out and get my legs Jan 13-19th

I don’t know if going in the opposite direction is possible for you, but if you can get time, check out the Silverton Co area. The best Colorado has to offer and i think the snowpack was better than central CO, at least last weekend it was. Much less glam and a lot more gnarr and the touring options are amazing.

If you don’t find anyone to tour with in Aspen, my crew and I would be happy to show you around the Vail area. it would be on the way to JH, and even with the low tide, sketch snowpack, we are still getting into some carefully selected good pow.

cheers

Phantom Alpha's w TLT5s
DIY 168 Skynk Ape, RC
Lib Tech T.Rice 164.5
Spark R&D Afterburner tesla'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 am 

If you make it to Silverton, I'd be happy show you around Gav. Conditions have been pretty good, but we've gotten a pretty big dry spell for the past few weeks, and looks upcoming as well. Allowing us to get into some larger terrain, but conditions haven't been that stellar snow wise.