Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Another first splitboard thread

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Another first splitboard thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:50 am 

dangraham wrote:
Both the Odin and solution will ride shorter with their rocker profiles.
I agree with this on the Odin, and the slow speed maneuverability seems just peachy to me...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:20 am 

The Rossignol sounds more and more interesting. And since the guys at "The good ride" thought it rode pretty small, I think this board will be the one.
Stiff, camber in the middle, lightweight and a fair price. If Jones Snowboards had a better reputation for quality, I think I would have bought a solution. Too bad for them.

Can anyone tell me how it performs in depp powder?
Better float than my Custom X I can imagine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 pm 

The Good Ride? Really? Those guys don't know their mouth from their ass...

I would take any review from them with a pound of salt. Several of their so called reviews are on boards they haven't even ridden.

I don't recall thinking the XV rode small, but I didn't think it rode large either. It rode it's size. It was plenty nimble, and you could straight line it just fine.

The only problem in Deep snow I had with it was getting started on low angles and slow speeds. Pretty minor complaint.

It is a great board, I'd just go with it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:43 am 

Hi,

I have recently got my hands on a Carbon Solution 161 at a really good price, but I'm not sure which year it's from. It's not the 2014 since it doesn't have the "mirror" black and white text on the back. It's a white base with Jones in black. Is this the 2012/2013 or an even earlier model?

What year did they release the first Carbon solution?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:02 am 

So,

Got my first chance to try the new board last weekend.

Went to te local hill where I found the conditions to be rather icy due to some rain during the night. Rode my Burton for som runs and the groomers were really icy, making the fully cambered board feel really catchy. After a few runs I decided to try the Solution, just to get the stance and forward lean adjusted right. I have the afterburners by the way.

I strapped in and off I went. At first, due too slow speed, the board felt REALLY hard to turn. But as soon as I gathered some speed the story was totally different.

OMG what a ride. So insanely stiff and with magical edgehold. In matter of turns I lost complete respect for the icy conditions and pretty much straightlined the hill. I was suprised that a splitboard could feel so good. I didn't ride my Burton for the rest of the day, and now I want the Flagship 161 Carbon!!

The only negative I found was that it's not a very poppy board and I found doing ollies and messing about doesn't really suit it. But straightlining, OMG so stable. I can't wait to get it out on the big mountains.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:49 pm 

You won't regret that decision I think. What you have is the 2012-13 model. I have the same one in the same size and it dominated the backcountry last season. No snow here in the sierra worth riding it on yet, so only resort turns this season. You'll get used to the low speed handling pretty quick and won't notice it after a few days. Congrats on the new deck. That's always exciting!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:08 pm 

I was in the same situation as you and wasn't really sure which to get. I ended up being able to snag an odin through mountain gear in one of their sales for too good of a price to pass up. I'm just hoping for some snow in the sierras to go test it out in. It sounds like I make a good choice though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 pm 

Not sure this has been mentioned but I see the pricing for the rossi might be a tad on the high side? I thought 1000$ US would get you there complete package, skins, binding plates and all board hardware...? The board only is right around 600$US.

that makes it a interesting debate..

the rossi 167 doesn't seem that long compared to my 159 rossignol onemag--

but I will say that I doubt these boards are as strong as say a venture, I have not ridden a venture but from what I've seen if your stone grinding through terrain there boards hold up well. There have been some reports of the rossi snapping the cores. I still got one because the price was so killer and I love rossignols shapes. I will see how it holds up shortly, waiting for a tad bit more snow.
just my :twocents: