Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prior base Question
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:52 am 

Whats Up Splitters. Sweet Site....new to the split scene, But learning fast. I have a question about the bases of the Brand new Prior splits. My Boy just got his new prior 160 khyber. well the hardware on the bottom of the board is not flush at all with the base. There is one of the metal tabs on the chinese hooks that is flush. So my question is shouldn't everything be flush with the base to avoid any drag. Agian this board is brand new never ridden? thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:35 pm 

Anyone......I've rode my friends prior and it sweet but his base is perfectly flush with the t-bolts. Or the t-bolt is a little sunk it the base, that get filled in with a little wax. So I guess i answered my own question. So I ask would you try to fix yourself or send back to prior since it's brand new??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:53 pm 

Send 'em a email w/pics, they will surely respond. If it's a issue, I'm sure they will let you return it. They have spent many years building thier reputation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:31 pm 

Thanks Jon D. I just talked to Dan R and sending pics to him. I tried to tighten 1 of the t-bolts after Dan said it would be okay. Well I turned the top nut on the t-bolt 1/4 turn, instead of pulling the t bolt in, it tweaked the top chinese hook into the board causing it to leave half moon mark on the top when i turned it. Now I have a lame scrach on a brand new board. :cry: :x I let you all know what happens. I know I should not have to deal with this.....$ 1000.00+ for new handmade board, It should be Perfect. Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 pm 

Update- Talked to Dan Ross about the problem and he told me that they just starting using their new base grinder, and the base may have been grinded down ( Because of new machine) beyond specs. Dan told me he would tell Dean(Owner?) about the issue. I'll Keep you updated.

Has anyone had this problem before w/any Split from a factory( Prior, NeverSum, Volie, Burton) or with DIY kit ? Also how easy/Hard is the DIY kit. I have a bunch of boards I could split. What does the DIY kit recommend using to drill out holes for Chinese Hooks. I would think you would use a drill press? Prior Ski & Boards was highly recommended from a few people, so I hope to be rippin' up the BC soon on one of their boards..Stay Tuned

Sorry if I started this in the wrong fourm.Let me know if I have.
I wished to give a NEW 05/06 Split Review. Thanks Sam :? :cry: :roll: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:52 am 

DIY kit isn't too bad to do if you have some skills. The thing I'm not liking about it is puck attachment. They are permanently mounted to one spot w/no adjustments unless you redrill and screw the board. And that brings up the second thing I don't like, screws. Inserting the board somehow for the pucks seems to me to be the way to go, even if it creates extra work for you to do to the base afterwards. Ski screws in a light core board is a recipe for disaster. Stick with the Prior and beat 'em up over the problems, I think in the end it will all work out ok.

Post subject: Prior
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:30 pm 

Prior drilled the holes for my Dynafit toe pieces facing BACKWARDS when they built my board. Must be the BC bud.

Situation was quickly solved by drilling one hole in my garage, but it was a bummer to take a drill bit to a $1000 unused board.

The top sheet durability is a little suspect. Its getting a bit dinged up, after 4 day-long tours.

Prior does build a nice board, however.

The ATV carving splitboard looks pretty sweet.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:53 pm 

Thanks For the tip ssattler, But I can' t fix a new $$$1000+ handmade board..should have never left the factory. Very Unexceptable. I was looking at a neversummer split T5, But Prior came highly recommended from a good friend, and was a couple bills cheaper and 3-4week(Prior), 4-5 weeks(N.S) in your hands. Anyway I will be sending the board back to Prior first thing monday, $25 more out of my pocket for a board I rode 200 yards to get dialed in. Dean offered to kick down a free shirt, but I told him that Prior had already kicked down a shirt because they made my board with BLACK base...instead of the RED I ordered :cry: :cry: :oops: I let you know what happens. Sam

and to top all this off I paid express shipping so I would have it for my trip to Jackson/Teton area. I had the board but the same friend that recommend Prior to me notice the T-bolts when we were tune/waxing.......never rode the board :roll: Total Buzz Kill!!...I used my buddys Tele's :) Still had a great trip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:28 pm 

MODs...feel free to move topic if its in the wrong place, Thanks

*update* Well I sent the Board with a letter explaining the problems to Prior. It cost me $50. Prior should have sent me a RMA, but they chose not to. I think that due to the fact
the board left the factory unridable, they should pick up the shipping cost. I just had a labtop with broken screen sent to me, the company sent me a new one with RMA for broke one. Will see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:07 am 

whats RMA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:40 am 

i think it's like Return Merchandise Authorization or something like that. it's usually a # that the company uses to track you sending back something to them that they are going to repair or fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:06 am 

Bcrider....dfinn anwsered your question. a Return Merchandise Authorization # , it's really just the company sending you
return postage for problems with their product so you don't have to pay for their mistake.....Sometime they will send you new replacement with a sticker you put on the box your replacement came in and send it back to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:36 am 

Sean from Prior called me this morning, Prior is sending brand new board!! I hopefully be giving you all a review soon. Sam