Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunset Cliffs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:31 am 

a little video of the day after the big swell. I had my gear and was ready on the BIG day, but rain kept me grounded. I did surf though

Enjoy

Post subject: Re: Sunset Cliffs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 am 

Keep up the good work, Tex. It's been really cool watching you evolve with this project. I'd say this is pretty high quality stuff you're getting. Can't wait to see some mountain stoke.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:32 pm 

Awesome!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm 

Very cool Raymundo, some great footage. That's my hood homie, stop by for a brewskie next time you're in the area :doobie:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 pm 

Pro-style very well done

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 pm 

Very well done Tex. I surfed Blacks for the 1st time this summer, well surfed is maybe an exaggeration, it was going off. Super cool part of California, Sunset looks sick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:32 am 

that was super cool man! that is quite the toy. best bring that thing to silverton!

with more practice I think you can get a tad closer and follow the surfer better. It would be cool to follow the line of the wave like near the end (3:25 ish) you where filming on the wave break line, that was rad. maybe start close to the surfer and run the same line with the camera as the wave curls. (??if that makes sense??)

I would love to film some cliff jumping, you used some 'off the cliff shots' the same way I would to jump them!

SUPER COOL TECHNOLOGY glad people are getting to play with it :bananas:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 am 

cometogether wrote:
best bring that thing to silverton
that'd be rad! I'll straightline the Wiley couloir switch if you bring it :wink: But really, that'd be sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 am 

Quote:
with more practice I think you can get a tad closer and follow the surfer better

Yeah, I wanted to get closer . The GoPro is really decieving. It works great at 10 feet but at 20 feet it looks like you are a mile away. The guys climbing down the cliff in the beginning thought I was going to shave their heads, I was very close, but the GoPro dosent show it
So, Im buying a real gimbal and I will have 3 birds
1- for the GoPro
1- for a Sony NEX5
1-and this one is getting to haul around my Canon T3i . If I dont like the looks of the video coming out of the Canon I may have to upgrade to a Panasonic GH3

Im getting it all dialed in, waiting for the FAA to tell us how we are going to be able to do this commercially. In the mean time I plan to get my act together as far as large monitors for the customer to view the live video feed, pelican cases for all the gear ect.
I even will have the ability for fully autonomus flight in which I enter a list of GPS coordinates, tell the hexa how high and how long to stay in that palce, then move to the next waypoint. Enter it into a laptop, push a button and off she will go

I do want to get this thing into the Backcountry. I need at least 6 batts, my transmitter with 7 inch monitor andthe hexa. I think Im in the market for a puk? or is it puck? You know, a sled I can pull behind myself. Anybody got a used one for sale?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm 

I've used a kids sled and some proper bracing so it looks similar to a first aid cart but with all that cash in equipment I would be worried about flipping the sled.

that is one of the worst things about go pro is the basic 10 ft rule, you think the shot will be amazing and its hard to even see the action. I've been there- FOR SURE.

if you can't find a sled by then I'm sure a couple people would carry gear in there packs for you. me being one of them. :thatrocks: the possibilities with that toy seriously put your videos on the next level.IMO

great work- keep at it!