Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Iceland May 2013: A Spring Splitboarding Adventure
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:24 pm 

I am absolutely blown away by your report! I am currently in the process of planning a to Iceland to hike Hvannadalshnukur and do some other touring. I had not given any thought at all to bringing the splitboards. Now I have to re-think EVERYTHING! I am going to re-read your report about a thousand times, share it with my travel partners, and start all over with the planning. Thank you for this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 pm 

Cool. Thanx to all again for viewing this and thanx most of all to MagnusIceland for being the true Icelandic Splitboard Legend. I hope I helped some people have a a good upcoming trip. Everywhere I have been snowboarding good local people have made it happen for me. We should never take those folks for granted and always return the favors by helping others. Thats one main reason I post TRs.

SurfaceHore - WTF? Where u at? Wait till u see my next TR and then it will definitely be apparent how old I really am. Top secret shit in the making....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:34 pm 

Yeah... Thanks, amazing report. I'm now contemplating how to bike tour and split board in one trip; hard to imagine a better conundrum.

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm 

Incredible pics and TR. Pic heavy, and they're all amazing. I think I've spent longer looking at these, every single one, then any in any other trip report.

I don't know why I find the far north so bewitching, especiallly Iceland and Norway, but I do. And camping on grass next to the water and skiing from there is just perfect!

Thanks for taking the time to put this up, I think I'll be in touch with Magnus sooner or later...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:04 pm 

nedrapier - thanks much for taking the time to view these photos with intention. Spring skiing in general has always been a favorite activity of mine - particularly because of the easy dry-ground camping, the stable snow, the good weather, the rushing waters, and the new greenery coming to life. Doing it from the seashore is beyond a special treat and as far as I know this can only be done in the far north (or the far south, but I am not sure one can sleep on grass in Antarctica). I hope you make it north for a few turns someday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:16 pm 

Waited for a while to see this TR. Iceland is so in the last 2 years. Thanks for posting my friend, your pictures and stories keep the stoke at 11.