Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fitwell Mountain Boots for sale!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:04 pm 

Hey guys,

I've needed to do this for a while... I bought a pair of Fitwells last season, and bought the WRONG size. Long story short, I'm a USA 10 foot, and I ordered a 9.5. I used these boots on an expedition in Alaska this past spring, but because my toes were so curled in the front, I only ended up using them 4 days and swapped out partway into my expedition for my Deeluxe boots. And, I never used the liners (I used my own Intuition Ski Liner, so the stock liners still smell like a rose).

The boots are downright AMAZING. I was so impressed by them, that I ordered ANOTHER pair in the next size up, and am now happy to report that I successfully climbed and shredded steep scary shit all summer in the Cascades with totally stoked feet. These boots allow you to use a REAL semi-automatic crampon, and front point on high angle, firm snow like nobody's business, AND, they ride and tour amazing. One thing I've been most impressed with is how dry my feet stay.. Even in Alaska after days and days in the snow, my feet were dry. The difference between running a traditional, Chinese made boot and these is just mind blowing.

In terms of ride performance, the stiff sole gives an impressively responsive ride, however, the boot's upper is still plenty mobile. You are able to flex and extend at the ankle like you would in any soft snowboard boot, but when you really want to drive your toes in and rail a turn, the boot does it BETTER than my Burton's ever could. I guess that's the difference between a $300 Chinese boot, and a $600 Italian made boot.

I paid a pretty penny getting these puppies over here, and am willing to send them to a worthy owner for $375.00US. Buying them from Europe means that you pay a buttload of shipping, AND import duties. When I bought these, when all was said and done I paid just over 700 bones, so getting some percentage of that back is important to me. That being said, I'm also open to discussion! If you live in Washington, Idaho, Oregon or California, I'll pay for the shipping, too.

Oh, I also need to mention that these boots are in PERFECT SHAPE!! There's at least 150+ days of life left in these things. If you are unfamiliar with the boots, check out:

http://www.snowboardexperts.co.uk/item/ ... ounty/709/

PM me if interested

Happy shredding everyone!!!

Post subject: Re: Fitwell Mountain Boots for sale!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm 

Just to add more praise to these wild things :rock:
The one thing I noticed straight away was the edge hold while skinning on the steeper stuff :headbang:
Like my hardboot setup with Dynafit, there is no roll in the binding boot interface!
I wish I'd got a pair of these earlier so I didn't have to make my own new HB bindings and find a pair of hardboots that don't give you blisters!

I thought these would be an overkill in the Australian hills but they are one less thing to worry about when in a new area where your gear may sometimes let you down.

Kicking in steps is the other thing that these guys excel at.

Super great deal if your a 9.5!

+61 (0)413 888 115
http://www.firstlightsnowboards.com.au http://www.splitfest.com.au http://www.splitfests.com http://www.mrbc.com http://www.backcountryglobal.com
Sydney - Nowra - Jindabyne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:40 pm 

I wish I was a 9.5 :(

....oh wait. I already have a pair! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 pm 

I've got some tlt5's I'll trade you. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:25 pm 

Are these boots still available?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 pm 

Boots sold!

That being said, you guys should still buy them.

I actually heard that Voile bought the distribution rights for Fitwell in North America. This could be good in that it will make them easier to get, But here's hoping the design continues to improve, and doesn't stay EXACTLY the same for the next 400 years ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:10 pm 

Russman, I have a question for you to confirm the sizing. What size deeluxe boots are you using? I tried on a pair of the XV's and was happy with a size 9, though my normal street shoes are a size 9.5. So, I am wondering whether to get a pair of fitwells US size 9.5 or 9? Mainly I am also wondering if you ordered a 0.5 size down because you figured the boot would pack out and it does not? That is why I also liked the XV's size 9 rather than 9.5, but alas, the heel welt is too wide on those for many semi-automatic crampons.

thanks
Arash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:07 pm 

If you are interested talk with Richie @ SplitN2 he is the NZ rep for Fitwell and I only see them getting bigger in the Splitboard Market.