Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:54 pm 

Yeah, the PDX splitter community is a bit small, but growing. It's cool to see more splitters in the area. Oregon/Washington has ton of cool terrain to tour. I mostly rode the Washington Cascades before moving down here two years ago. My regular partner from last year switched his off days. So, I have to look for new people this year. I'm off Sun-Tues and every other Sat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:00 pm 

I'm possibly heading up this Sunday. Lots of pow pow to be had... possibly avy conditions as well. Definitely going to be cautious and digging a pit or two. I'll send you a pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:50 pm 

I'm free to tour weekends, but I'll take weekdays off occasionally, especially for longer trips. You headed up this weekend cameron? Let me know if ya got room for me to join!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:37 am 

QTip and Cam, also keep an eye out for the Oregon Splitfest, will be 4/20 weekend on Mt. Hood.

Enjoy the pow guys! Be safe out there

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:19 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
QTip and Cam, also keep an eye out for the Oregon Splitfest, will be 4/20 weekend on Mt. Hood.

Enjoy the pow guys! Be safe out there

So, you're saying the OR splitfest is back to its original date or the same two events as last year?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm 

Dudes! If you haven't ridden POW yet your blowing it! My first edits of the season are coming down the pipe. Check the videos section and PRAY FOR POW.... Rain today Ice tomorrow CORN up high this weekend. Get some!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm 

Joeyzims wrote:
Dudes! If you haven't ridden POW yet your blowing it!

I'm happy to report that I am not blowing it. I've been getting early season POW since Oct.3rd. Getting some! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am 

Quote:

I'm happy to report that I am not blowing it. I've been getting early season POW since Oct.3rd. Getting some! :thumbsup:

Shredder's! Shred On! Next storm we should have a meeting of the shred heads.... We have a strong Mid Week Split crew this year (Hood River/PDX). I'm stoked to have an ever growing list of strong partners and always stoked on a few more...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:51 pm 

Joeyzims wrote:
Quote:

Shredder's! Shred On! Next storm we should have a meeting of the shred heads.... We have a strong Mid Week Split crew this year (Hood River/PDX). I'm stoked to have an ever growing list of strong partners and always stoked on a few more...

Sounds good to me. The current high pressure system seems to be taking over... leaving my eyes fixed on the longterm forecast and hoping for a breakdown of the current high.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 pm 

Yeah, there's something brewing in the Gulf of Alaska and reaches all the way down to Hawaii. I don't mind the sunny weather, but only after a nice huge dump.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 pm 

Nice map for the weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:54 pm 

Hello everybody!

Another PDX splitter here always looking for some extra people to tour with. I have the disadvantage of a job that requires me to work weekends and have Wed, Thur, Fri off each week so its difficult to get together with others. I have been splitting for about 4 years now and have my Avalanche level 1 and am fairly conservative in my riding and terrain choices. Mt. St. Helens has really been my go to mountain for the last couple of years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 am 

My gf, dog, and I are moving out to Portland at the end of January and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting some PDX splitters.

My schedule is super flexible and I can typically make it out any time, weekdays, weekends, short notice, whatever.

I'm relatively conservative, have AST I, and enjoy riding pretty much everything. Just got back from a few weeks splitting in Antarctica (posted a TR a few minutes ago) and am headed to the Alps for a week this weekend, so should have my ski legs solidly in place by the time we get out there. Look forward to meeting some of you guys, and fingers crossed you all are getting a bunch of snow!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next