Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Im going to Silverton this time
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 am 

Im going to the splitfest in Silverton. Anybody want to come along? Most likely flying .

Post subject: Re: Im going to Silverton this time
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:16 am 

Well I'll be going. But I live 1 hour from Silverton, and I am running the event...

Stoked you'll make it out Tex!

Sorry we haven't finalized the details yet. With Keffler making bindings, and work is slamming me, haven't been able to. I'll get the ball rolling again and post up details soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 am 

It's been an amazing event in a spectacular place since it's inception. I would not miss it.

COLORADOs got some goods. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:43 pm 

I'll be there too unless the avalanche sharks get me first. It will be three in a row for me.
April 2012 I just showed up, never having been on a splitboard before. John and Jason hooked this newb up like nobody's business with demos, loaner gear, you name it. Tonda helped me set up my demo board and let me ride with him, so many others were just as helpful and friendly, Lisa, Klem, so many others. All around a great and inviting vibe. I got hooked big time, not only on split snowboarding the BC but the event itself. Just incredible. When I got home I immediately started putting together my setup, I spent all of summer 2012 buying gear. Then early last season I took Avy 1 and just started getting after it. I ended up riding over 60 days, most of those on my Venture split.
At last April's splitfest I saw many of the same faces and met some new ones. Same welcoming vibe, same great terrain, same great food. Same great raffle schwag. The only dark spot was the heartbreaking loss the week after on Loveland pass.
I met a fellow New Mexican (AreJay) at splitfest and got to ride Kachina peak (Taos) with him a couple weeks after splitfest. I brought along a skier buddy to splitfest, he is now shopping for a splitboard. I really can't say enough good things about this event. It cleared up my acne and saved my marriage (or something like that).
So, yeah, I'm going back this year. I'm thinking of maybe heading up a day or two early, stay at the OPUS hut for a night, anybody interested in joining say the word.

This winter's looking good. Heading to the southern San Juans tomorrow for some furlough turns until I get called back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 pm 

I really want to make it this year. Last year I was still recovering from ACL injury. The sooner I know the date the sooner I can ask it off!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:21 am 

We can take my new truck Matt (Norv), but I am antisocial. That's why I splitboard.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 am 

Norv wrote:
I really want to make it this year. Last year I was still recovering from ACL injury. The sooner I know the date the sooner I can ask it off!

April 10 - 14, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 am 

Hey guys,

chrishami is correct, Thursday April 10- Sunday 14th this year. Format will be similar to last year, but this year we will open it up to 75 people (25 more than last year). We like the small vibe of the event.

I haven't updated the splitboard.com page much in the last few weeks, or facebook, as we are still finalizing all details for how much it will be to register, etc. More details will come as soon as I hear back from the event location and details.

Keep up to date on facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/SilvertonSplitfest

Or Sb.com here:
http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15721

Hope everyone can make it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 pm 

First days of the season for work I'll be taking off. How fast you planning on selling out? If I check this thread weekly will I be good?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 am 

You'll be fine Norv. We generally don't sell out till beginning of March. Silverton is a hard place to commit / get to, so signing up shouldn't be an issue.

I'd plan to check Facebook and site here starting December / January. We generally open registration around then.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:07 pm 

I went last year and would go again in a heartbeat. Incredible venue and great splitboard community... :thatrocks: