Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:58 pm 

HOLY SHIT affix snow is bringing the New Kids on the block? I thought they broke up. What a weekend, backcountry and new kids , I think Im gonna wet my pants

_____________________________________________________________Chuck Norris can kill a yak at 5o foot blindfoled with one roundhouse kick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:58 pm 

I would love to post some Utah stoke. If someone could explain in the simplest of terms for someone who has a slow as constipated sh** computer and no clue how to use it, how to down load pictures. All the info I have been given is just paste html and your momma to the back and you will be cool. Look their are still some of us who do not have cell phones and don't know what the hell you are talking about. So break it down my friends and I would love to post TR's from 2 years and beyond. DJ, Wow and the other's would make your trip to UT so unbelievably worth while I can not tell you how sick the Wasatch is. And to tell you the truth because this is a small website, coming from Cali, the place you want to live is Utah, it is the most unbelievable place to live. I truly do not want you to know this. So if you could, teachers out there please give me a step by step in simple, simple terms how to download pictures, I will do my best to fill your dreams with the sickest pow, pow that come March you will do whatever it takes to make it here for the sickest spitfest ever, yah, yah. Also, Alta is only sick pre or post season no one would wan' t to ride that resort anyways, especially when you have Snowbird next door. All resorts suck in some way, and in terms of riding the tram comes next to nothing so screw Alta I would never give them my money even if they blessed me with the opportunity to ride their. In the backcounty every one is equal, and everyone watches everyone elses back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:38 pm 

What the hell this should be front and center, so all you mo fo's can read it and help me out.

Post subject: Need a ride!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:45 am 

Anyone out there headed down from Logan, Utah, area? I have no car. I'm coming out from a yurt trip that friday, but would love to get down, get down, for the weekend. Might have to stick out the thumb and camp in tha canyon.
See ya'll there one way or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am 

Looks like i'll be able to make it down there this year. I'm trying to find some one to car pool with, so SW montanans let me know.

Post subject: Splitfest
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:26 pm 

Just spoke with John Griber yesterday at the OR show in SLC. He popped into the Voile booth and was checking out the 61 Gun. A very humble cool guy. He had just come back from his fourth trip to the Himalayas this year, and had gotten above 26,000 ft.

I filled him in on the Splitfest and on scrubfest, and he's very interested in attending both! He's a busy guy, so there's no promises, but he very well might make one or both of the events. There is a possibility of him doing a slide show at Splitfest, we'll see how it all pans out! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:32 am 

That would be sweet karmasurf. Griber is a stud.

Did ya tell him about splitbaord.com?

Post subject: Lookin' good!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:07 pm 

It looks like I'm going to make this one happen! Got the go ahead from the missus, and the work schedule is clear on this weekend. 2k road trip for me! Unless, of course, I can con a local to pick me up at Amtrak or the bus station!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:39 pm 

i'm there i might have a room or two if anyone needs email me at boardinben@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:11 am 

Whoo hoo! Just confirmed for the lodge w/DJBarney. He says the bus system is excellent, so I may be able to fly in. Unless I can carpool w/ someone from up here who can pack a couple of long boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:00 pm 

Inbound splitters, you can take a bus from the airport to downtown ~1.00, then you can take the light rail from downtown or the bus station to 7200 south Trax (train stop) ~1.00. Then you can take ski buses every 10-15 min up either cottonwood canyon for ~3.50. they run every 15 min approx until 10ish, then evey 25 to 40 min until about 6pm uphill. Check with UTA online for sched. I saw 8 splitters ascending in a row last weekend. there is also a motel 6 and a La Quinta that are quite cheap within a block or two of the 7200 trax station and ski bus starting points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:38 pm 

Yip, wait til you guys see what we've been hiding here in Utah. It's sick alright.

It's funny to see patroller420 rail about boycotting Toas and Alta. You dont have to convince me. Who would even consider paying 50 bucks at Alta to ride a bunch of crusty hard pack crammed with Texas tourists when literally across the street is some of Utahs sweet backcountry.

Post subject: carpool from WA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:29 pm 

Jon,

we have not met, but I'm looking to carpool from WA to UT.

send me a PM

Scott

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next