Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no partner's for the wasatch...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:01 am 
i seem to pretty much tour solo
i would be up to meet some experienced others for some backcountry this winter...
only those w at least 1 class in avalanche's
i took avalanche 500 level graduate course at the u of u 5 hour lab at alta every week
w peter lev and rick wyatt as instructor's and worked for tom kimbrough at the afc for a couple years...

i don't really tour big bowls and dangerous terrain unless it is pretty stable...
otherwise i hit beartrap butler ect where it never slides...in the trees ( lower angle )
i'm usually good for 2-3 runs ...in a day. 3-5 hrs no super tours for me! anymore.

and i got a canyon's pass so if you do ... that's a lot less hiking...to beartrap..ect.

I built 2 new custom boards I made in my backyard...check the diy mods forum...

been touring the wasatch since 1985... so i know where i'm going and what's going on...

Post subject: Re: no partner's for the wasatch...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:46 pm 

clever, no really - clever :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:53 pm 

No offense and props for getting to work w/ some avy science legends, but how did you get through a grad-level course without having basic spelling & grammar skills?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:56 pm 

nickstayner wrote:
No offense and props for getting to work w/ some avy science legends, but how did you get through a grad-level course without having basic spelling & grammar skills?

The T.I.T. (Troll Institute of Technology) has deemed grammar as being beneath them

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:06 am 

I'm also looking for partners for this season. I have a few different folks that I head out with but our schedules and objectives don't always line up. I'm a moderately experienced split boarder with about five years experience, avalanche 1 cert from AAI, in average shape, and excellent back country first aid skills. My schedule is pretty open during the week especially as winter really gets going. I want to ride some great lines but also stay safe and conservative when it comes to avalanche danger. Please hit me up with a text if you're interested in getting out.

Mike

eight zero one three six nine three six two two