Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bomber plate bindings and INTEC question
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:12 pm 

INTEC heel pieces and Bomber splitboard plate bindings (traditional toe bails)

Have any hardbooters used this system?

Yesterday, I was up below Arrowhead, near Steven's Pass WA, in heavy powder, riding Bomber splitboard plates and Dynafit TLT4 Race boots. I rotated right out of the bindings on two occasions. It was scary.

I now think (now that I'm no longer hypoxic) that the rear 'groove' on the AT boot might have been fouled with ice when I put the bindings on, after 2 hours of skinning.

After the initial fall into 3 feet of powder, it was next to impossible to get back into the bindings...anyway.

The step in INTEC system seems to be easier to get in and out of. Is this true? Perhaps there is a compatability problem with my boots and the Bomber splitboard bindings I have.

Any thoughts? I emailed Bomber the same question.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:14 pm 

I did a little research and answered one of my own questions..

I looks like just three boot makers manufacture boots that are INTEC compatible. So looks like I'm stuck with the 'traditional' Bomber plates if I want to keep using the Dynafit boots (which I do, cuz I love using those toe pieces to tour in)

Still hoping someone has some tips to dail in the Bomber plates with my hardboots.

The ultimate solution would be an INTEC compatible boot that accepts a Dynafit toe piece.

Just thinking out loud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:38 pm 

I ride intecs on my resort stuff, and if you need a little help dialing things in(on the Bombers), I get down to Stevens Pass as often as I can. Set up properly, you shouldn't be able to rotate out of those. Or call Fin, he can steer you the right way. Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:05 pm 

jon,

what boots do you use your Intecs with?

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:41 am 

I'm using Raichle snowboard specific boots for all my riding. They are designed for snowboarding, so they have flex in the right directions for riding, and the toe/heel ledges are probably larger than on your TLT's. And they have removable heel pieces for the Intec heels. Downside is the fact they are heavier than the TLT's, or any of the newer light weight AT boots, even after having put a set on a diet. If you go to the splitboard.com store, look at the Deeluxe SB413 boots, they are the closest to what I'm currently using at this time (SB123's) The long term problem I see is Deeluxe is using older molds to produce boots, so I don't see any use of lighter materials coming anytime soon. I can dream up an ideal pair of boots, but the investment required is outa my price range! If bcrider is watching this thread, maybe he could put up a pic of my boots, 'cause I can't seem to do that from here at home.